Prices of used furniture - Home furniture in beaumont - Luxury furniture market.
Prices Of Used Furniture
- Large movable equipment, such as tables and chairs, used to make a house, office, or other space suitable for living or working
- furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
- A person's habitual attitude, outlook, and way of thinking
- Small accessories or fittings for a particular use or piece of equipment
- Furniture + 2 is the most recent EP released by American post-hardcore band Fugazi. It was recorded in January and February 2001, the same time that the band was recording their last album, The Argument, and released in October 2001 on 7" and on CD.
- Furniture is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above the ground, or to store things.
- (price) monetary value: the property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold); "the fluctuating monetary value of gold and silver"; "he puts a high price on his services"; "he couldn't calculate the cost of the collection"
- (price) the amount of money needed to purchase something; "the price of gasoline"; "he got his new car on excellent terms"; "how much is the damage?"
- Decide the amount required as payment for (something offered for sale)
- determine the price of; "The grocer priced his wares high"
prices of used furniture - Fisher-Price Bouncer,
Fisher-Price Bouncer, Mocha Butterfly
Fisher-Price Mocha Butterfly Bouncer
The Mocha Butterfly Bouncer is a sweet and comfortable place for baby to play. The fashion is brown with pink accents with a comfy head huggie that cradles and provides support. It includes a toy bar with three butterfly toys with rings to tug. The center butterfly plays music with baby's pull. The toy-bar easily removes for access to baby. This bouncer includes vibrations to soothe. Plus a washable seat pad with three point restraint and non-skid feet. Like all Fisher Price bouncers, this version will be a great place to soothe and entertain baby.
A fashionable yet comfortable place for baby to play
Bouncer is brown with pink accents
Includes a toy bar with three butterfly toys with rings to tug
Center butterfly plays music with baby's pull
Bouncer includes vibrations to soothe
The Bank of the Metropolis
Union Square, New York City, New York, United States A limestone-faced bank and office tower, the Bank of the Metropolis, a columnar tripartite skyscraper, is a representative example of the major New York architect Bruce Price/s neo-Renaissance commercial architecture. The design incorporates classical elements which were traditionally associated with American bank architecture. Notable features include the bowed two-story portico with monumental polished granite columns, lions' heads, consoles, foliated spandrels and spandrels with open-mouthed lions. Built in 1902-1903, the bank occupies a commanding corner location on Union Square West and demonstrates the architect's ability to adapt a building to both the requirements of function and the dictates of site. Created to serve the needs of businesses on the square, the bank had members of the local business community on its board of directors. The Development of Union Square The Commissioners Map of 1807-11, which first laid out the grid plan of Manhattan above Houston Street, allowed for certain existing thoroughfares to retain their original configuration. Bloomingdale Road (now Broadway), and the Bowery intersected at 16th Street. The acute angle formed by this "union" was set aside by the Commissioners and named Union Place.2 Initially Union Place extended from 10th to 17th Streets,; on land owned by the Manhattan Bank: It then presented to the eye of the tourist and pedestrian a shapeless and ill-looking collection of lots, where garden sauce flourished — devoid of symmetry, and around which were reared a miserable group of shanties. In 1815, the state legislature reduced the size of Union Place by making 14th Street its southern boundary. As the city expanded northward and land use intensified, the need for open spaces became apparent. A report drafted by the street committee in 1831 states the need for public squares "for purposes of military, and civic parades, and -festivities, and ... to serve as ventilators to a densely populated city." Designated a public space in 1832 at the urging of local residents, additional land was acquired so that the area could be regularized. Graded, paved, and fenced, Union Place was finally opened to the public in July 1839. Throughout much of its history, the square has been used for public gatherings, political rallies, and demonstrations. By the 1850s, Union Square (as it came to be known) was completely surrounded by buildings including some of the city's most splendid mansions; but, "already by 1860, the dramatic march of commerce had begun." Theaters, hotels, and luxury retailers predominated in the 1870s. By the 1890s, the vestiges of the fashionable residential area, as well as the elegant stores and theaters, had been supplanted on Union Square by taller buildings that catered to the needs of publishers and manufacturers who had moved uptown. The Bank of the Metropolis stands on Union Square West, which was the most lucrative and popular side of the square since it was the continuation of Broadway, on a site previously occupied by a building that housed Brentanos,. a retail bookseller. The Bank of the Metropolis Founded in 1871, the Bank of the Metropolis was always located on Union Square, serving the needs of the nearby businesses. Originally located at 31 Union Square, the Bank was "a flourishing outgrowth of the movement of business to the uptown section of New York." Having moved in 1877 to 17 Union Square, the bank relocated once again in 1888 to larger quarters at 29 Union Square. Perhaps because the bank's "business ... is derived from their requirements, and ... is conducted in a manner to attract the custom and support of the dry-goods, furniture, jewelry, and other classes of merchants whose places of business are in, the vicinity," the board of directors included representatives of businesses located on and near the Square. For example in 1902, the- Board included the decorator, glass-maker and philanthropist Louis C. Tiffany, jeweller Charles T. Cook, publisher Charles Scribner, and George McNeir, a lawyer and "manufacturer." "An institution of ... solidity and enterprise, and with ... widely and favorably known officers and directors ... [and] of great benefit to business in the up-town district," the bank continued in business until February 1918 when it was absorbed (to be operated as a branch under the same executive officers) by the Bank of the Manhattan Company, which in turn merged with Chase National Bank to form Chase Manhattan Bank in January 1955. Bruce Price (1845-1903) Bruce Price, a native of Maryland, briefly attended the College of New Jersey (now Princeton). Price then studied architecture in the offices of the leading Baltimore firm of Neirnsee & Neilson, where he subsequently became a draftsman (1864-68). After a trip abroad, Price returned to Baltimore to open his own
Design Study: Price Tower. Bartlesville, Oklahoma. By Frank Lloyd Wright. IMG 3049
The Price Tower was commissioned by Harold C. Price, for use as a corporate headquarters for his Bartlesville company. His wife, Mary Lou Patteson Price, and his two sons, Harold, Jr., and Joe, rounded out the building committee. The Prices were directed to Frank Lloyd Wright by architect Bruce Goff, who was then Dean of Architecture at the University of Oklahoma, where the Price sons had studied. That relationship bonded into a life-long patronage of both architects by the Price Family. Wright designed an Arizona home for the senior Prices and a Bartlesville home for Harold, Jr., his wife Carolyn Propps Price, and their six children. Goff, who was also a tenant at Price Tower, became the favored architect of Joe Price, designing a bachelor studio on his family's property in Bartlesville and two later additions following his marriage to Etsuko Yoshimochi. Wright nicknamed the Price Tower, which was built on the Oklahoma prairie, "the tree that escaped the crowded forest," referring not only to the building's construction, but also to the origins of its design. The Price Tower is supported by a central "trunk" of four elevator shafts which are anchored in place by a deep central foundation, as a tree is by its taproot. The nineteen floors of the building are cantilevered from this central core, like the branches of a tree. The outer walls hang from the floors and are clad in patinated copper "leaves." Wright had championed these design ideas, which other architects had put to use before the construction of the Price Tower, as early as the 1920s in his design for an apartment complex of four cantilevered towers for St. Marks-in-the-Bowerie in downtown New York City. Following the effects of the Great Depression, the project was shelved and adapted by Wright for the Price Company in 1952. Wright, therefore, plucked his "tree" out of the "crowded forest" of Manhattan skyscrapers and placed it on the Oklahoma prairie where it continues to stand uncrowded by neighboring tall buildings. The floorplan of the Price Tower centers upon an inlaid cast bronze plaque, bearing the logo of the Price Company and marking the origin of a parallelogram grid upon which all exterior walls, interior partitions and doors, and built-in furniture are placed. The resulting design is a quadrant plan—one quadrant dedicated for double-height apartments, and three for offices. The materials for the Price Tower are equally innovative for a mid-twentieth-century skyscraper: cast concrete walls, pigmented concrete floors, aluminum-trimmed windows and doors, and patinated embossed and disstressed copper panels. The general geometric element is the equilateral triangle, and all lighting fixtures and ventilation grilles are based upon that form while the angled walls and built-in furniture are based on fractions or multiples of the triangular module. The lobby contains two inscriptions by Walt Whitman. One is from the concluding stanza of Salut au Monde, and the other from Song of the Broad-Axe. Wright designed the St. Mark's project for apartments, but his Price Tower was to be a multi-use building with business offices, shops, and apartments. The H. C. Price Company was the primary tenant, and the remaining office floors and double-height apartments intended as income-raising ventures. Tenants included lawyers, accountants, physicians, dentists, insurance agents, and the architect Bruce Goff, who kept an office in the tower as well as rented one of the apartments. A women's high-end dress shop, beauty salon, and the regional offices of the Public Service Company of Oklahoma occupied a two-story wing of the tower, with a drive-through passageway separating the high and low structures. The Price Company occupied the upper floors, and included a commissary on the sixteenth floor as well as a penthouse office suite for Harold Price, Sr., and later his son, Harold, Jr. The H.C. Price Company sold Price Tower to Phillips Petroleum in 1981 following a move to Dallas, where their company is presently located. Phillips Petroleum's lawyers deemed the exterior exit staircase a safety risk, and only used the building for storage. They retained ownership until 2000 when the building was donated to Price Tower Arts Center, and it has returned to its multi-use origins. Price Tower Arts Center, a museum of art, architecture, and design; Inn at Price Tower; Copper Restaurant + Bar, and the Wright Place museum store are the current major tenants with smaller firms leasing space. In 2002 Pritzker Prize winning architect, Zaha Hadid, was commissioned to design a museum expansion for Price Tower Arts Center—a project that was included in the 2006 retrospective exhibition of Hadid's work at the Guggenheim Museum, New York City. On March 29, 2007, Price Tower was designated a National Historic Landmark by the United States Department of the Interior, one of only twenty such properties in the state of Okl