USED FURNITURE PRICE GUIDE - PRICE GUIDE

Used Furniture Price Guide - Out Door Furniture Cushions - Bassett Furniture Il.

Used Furniture Price Guide


used furniture price guide
    price guide
  • The hobby of collecting includes seeking, locating, acquiring, organizing, cataloging, displaying, storing, and maintaining whatever items are of interest to the individual collector. Some collectors are generalists, accumulating merchandise, or stamps from all countries of the world.
  • The list of prices an adjuster uses to write estimates, commonly using a computer program called Xactimte.
  • A periodical, whether electronic or paper, listing approximate prices for numismatic items, whether wholesale or retail.
    furniture
  • Furniture is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above the ground, or to store things.
  • A person's habitual attitude, outlook, and way of thinking
  • Furniture + 2 is the most recent EP released by American post-hardcore band Fugazi. It was recorded in January and February 2001, the same time that the band was recording their last album, The Argument, and released in October 2001 on 7" and on CD.
  • Large movable equipment, such as tables and chairs, used to make a house, office, or other space suitable for living or working
  • Small accessories or fittings for a particular use or piece of equipment
  • furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
used furniture price guide - Antique Trader
Antique Trader Tools Price Guide (Antique Trader's Tools Price Guide)
Antique Trader Tools Price Guide (Antique Trader's Tools Price Guide)
The very tools that literally helped build a nation are among today's most coveted collectibles. Elegant and ingenious in design, antique hand tools are as beautiful today as they were once essential, and in this skillfully crafted price guide these tools take centre stage.This new, full-colour edition covers the most popular collectable tool categories from the late 18th century through to the middle of the 20th century, including: Planes and Saw; Screwdrivers and Wrenches; Levels and axes; and Rules and tool chests.

79% (17)
(Former) Pepsi-Cola Building
(Former) Pepsi-Cola Building
Midtown Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States Located on a prominent corner site along Park Avenue, a thoroughfare associated since the 1950s with sleek, understated modern monuments to corporate America, the Pepsi-Cola Building is one of New York's seminal International Style landmarks. Its superb design, innovative technology, and production as a collaborative effort are all qualities for which the firm of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill was already famous: design partner Gordon Bunshaft guided the firm's New York office, and Natalie de Blois, among the very few women architects at that time, was the senior designer for the project. Throughout its existence, the building has been praised by architectural critics for its clever siting and gemlike treatment, and especially for its sophisticated curtain wall, a nearly smooth skin of gray-green glass and aluminum spandrels. Commissioned as an architecturally distinctive corporate symbol of the Pepsi-Cola Company following that organization's astounding success during the 1950s, the building's later occupants similarly have been important businesses, including the Olivetti Underwood Corporation and the ABN-Amro Bank. Despite the addition of a mixed-use tower on the adjacent East 59th Street site (not included in this designation), the original SOM-designed structure remains largely intact. History of the Site Park Avenue, originally known as Fourth Avenue and ceded to the city in 1828, was incrementally opened between East 38th and East 130th streets. Beginning in the 1830s, the center of the avenue had grade-level railroad tracks serving the New York & Harlem and, later, the New Haven Railroads. As railroad traffic increased, the avenue was widened to permit additional tracks. Due to the danger and nuisance of later locomotive trains, the city mandated that tracks be lowered below grade in an open cut. In 1872-74, railroad tracks were lowered into tunnels, bridges were built, and the remaining area was landscaped at grade around open wells. Though transformed gradually over several decades, Fourth Avenue was still grimy when, in the 1880s, it was renamed Park Avenue up to East 96th Street. In the vicinity of East 59th Street, Park Avenue was largely undeveloped, though there were a few structures which housed cultural organizations and some of the side streets contained long rows of brownstone-fronted dwellings and several stables. By the first decade of the twentieth century, institutional buildings had been occupied by different groups and other newcomers included two libraries, multiple dwellings of six-to-eight stories, and, on the southwest corner of Park Avenue and East 59th Street, the nine-story administration building (1898) of the Board of Education. In conjunction with the reconstruction of Grand Central Terminal (1903-13) and the electrification of the railroad (1903-07), Park Avenue was rebuilt with a planted mall and the open wells were covered over. The avenue gradually became a thoroughfare lined with large apartment houses for the wealthy. Despite the submerged railroad tracks, Park Avenue and its new buildings remained tremor-free since the roadway and the adjacent apartment buildings were erected above the tracks on separate systems of steel columns with insulating vibration mats. The 1916 zoning resolution designated the portion of Park Avenue north of East 50th Street as residential; buildings from this period of development include the thirty-two-story Hotel Delmonico (1927) at the northwest corner of East 59th Street and forty-one-story Ritz Tower Hotel (1925) at the northeast corner of East 57th Street. However, by 1929 major property owners on the avenue, which was overtaking Fifth Avenue as the city's most prestigious address, succeeded in having the area between East 50th and 59th streets rezoned to permit commercial use. Not until the building boom that followed World War II did these efforts come to fruition, beginning with the completion in 1947 of the Universal Pictures Building at 445 Park Avenue, designed by Kahn & Jacobs. The transformation of Park Avenue into a commercial avenue known as the "Miracle Mile" was assured by the rash of new office buildings in the 1950s: Lever House at 390 Park Avenue (1950-52, a designated New York City Landmark); the Olin Building at No. 460 (1954-55); the Colgate-Palmolive Building at No. 300 (1954-55); No. 425 Park Avenue (1956); and the Seagram Building at No. 375 (1956-58, a designated Landmark). No less significant was the erection of the Pepsi-Cola Building (1958-60, see fig. 1) at 500 Park Avenue; it replaced a nine-story city-owned building that had been sold at public auction in June 1956 to the Pepsi-Cola Company for a record $2 million. It was the largest sale of city-owned property at that time; the 100-foot-by-125foot plot fetched $160 per square foot. Erected in 1898, the structure had been occupied by the administrative offices
Former Pepsi-Cola Building
Former Pepsi-Cola Building
Midtown Manhattan, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States Located on a prominent corner site along Park Avenue, a thoroughfare associated since the 1950s with sleek, understated modern monuments to corporate America, the Pepsi-Cola Building is one of New York's seminal International Style landmarks. Its superb design, innovative technology, and production as a collaborative effort are all qualities for which the firm of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill was already famous: design partner Gordon Bunshaft guided the firm's New York office, and Natalie de Blois, among the very few women architects at that time, was the senior designer for the project. Throughout its existence, the building has been praised by architectural critics for its clever siting and gemlike treatment, and especially for its sophisticated curtain wall, a nearly smooth skin of gray-green glass and aluminum spandrels. Commissioned as an architecturally distinctive corporate symbol of the Pepsi-Cola Company following that organization's astounding success during the 1950s, the building's later occupants similarly have been important businesses, including the Olivetti Underwood Corporation and the ABN-Amro Bank. Despite the addition of a mixed-use tower on the adjacent East 59th Street site (not included in this designation), the original SOM-designed structure remains largely intact. History of the Site Park Avenue, originally known as Fourth Avenue and ceded to the city in 1828, was incrementally opened between East 38th and East 130th streets. Beginning in the 1830s, the center of the avenue had grade-level railroad tracks serving the New York & Harlem and, later, the New Haven Railroads. As railroad traffic increased, the avenue was widened to permit additional tracks. Due to the danger and nuisance of later locomotive trains, the city mandated that tracks be lowered below grade in an open cut. In 1872-74, railroad tracks were lowered into tunnels, bridges were built, and the remaining area was landscaped at grade around open wells. Though transformed gradually over several decades, Fourth Avenue was still grimy when, in the 1880s, it was renamed Park Avenue up to East 96th Street. In the vicinity of East 59th Street, Park Avenue was largely undeveloped, though there were a few structures which housed cultural organizations and some of the side streets contained long rows of brownstone-fronted dwellings and several stables. By the first decade of the twentieth century, institutional buildings had been occupied by different groups and other newcomers included two libraries, multiple dwellings of six-to-eight stories, and, on the southwest corner of Park Avenue and East 59th Street, the nine-story administration building (1898) of the Board of Education. In conjunction with the reconstruction of Grand Central Terminal (1903-13) and the electrification of the railroad (1903-07), Park Avenue was rebuilt with a planted mall and the open wells were covered over. The avenue gradually became a thoroughfare lined with large apartment houses for the wealthy. Despite the submerged railroad tracks, Park Avenue and its new buildings remained tremor-free since the roadway and the adjacent apartment buildings were erected above the tracks on separate systems of steel columns with insulating vibration mats. The 1916 zoning resolution designated the portion of Park Avenue north of East 50th Street as residential; buildings from this period of development include the thirty-two-story Hotel Delmonico (1927) at the northwest corner of East 59th Street and forty-one-story Ritz Tower Hotel (1925) at the northeast corner of East 57th Street. However, by 1929 major property owners on the avenue, which was overtaking Fifth Avenue as the city's most prestigious address, succeeded in having the area between East 50th and 59th streets rezoned to permit commercial use. Not until the building boom that followed World War II did these efforts come to fruition, beginning with the completion in 1947 of the Universal Pictures Building at 445 Park Avenue, designed by Kahn & Jacobs. The transformation of Park Avenue into a commercial avenue known as the "Miracle Mile" was assured by the rash of new office buildings in the 1950s: Lever House at 390 Park Avenue (1950-52, a designated New York City Landmark); the Olin Building at No. 460 (1954-55); the Colgate-Palmolive Building at No. 300 (1954-55); No. 425 Park Avenue (1956); and the Seagram Building at No. 375 (1956-58, a designated Landmark). No less significant was the erection of the Pepsi-Cola Building (1958-60, see fig. 1) at 500 Park Avenue; it replaced a nine-story city-owned building that had been sold at public auction in June 1956 to the Pepsi-Cola Company for a record $2 million. It was the largest sale of city-owned property at that time; the 100-foot-by-125foot plot fetched $160 per square foot. Erected in 1898, the structure had been occupied by the administrati

used furniture price guide
used furniture price guide
Heywood-Wakefield Modern Furniture
This stylish collector's guide is the first to acknowledge the highly collectible 'modern' furniture made by the Heywood-Wakefield company. Vintage advertisements, photos, and catalogs are featured in addition to the identification section. Virtually every piece of modern furniture the company produced between 1936 and 1965 is illustrated and identified by model number, description, and years manufactured. 2004 values. REVIEW: This book is an industry standard on Heywood-Wakefield Modern Furniture. It answers many questions about the furniture and helps readers appreciate the beauty of its fine craftsmanship.

Comments