Louises unpainted furniture : National furniture lacey : Furniture auctions in.

Louises Unpainted Furniture

louises unpainted furniture
  • Not painted
  • Not painted
  • not having makeup on; "her sweet unpainted face"
  • not having a coat of paint or badly in need of a fresh coat; "an unpainted house"; "unpainted furniture"
  • Large movable equipment, such as tables and chairs, used to make a house, office, or other space suitable for living or working
  • Small accessories or fittings for a particular use or piece of equipment
  • Furniture is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above the ground, or to store things.
  • A person's habitual attitude, outlook, and way of thinking
  • Furniture + 2 is the most recent EP released by American post-hardcore band Fugazi. It was recorded in January and February 2001, the same time that the band was recording their last album, The Argument, and released in October 2001 on 7" and on CD.
  • furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
  • (Louise ('Allo 'Allo!)) Louise is a fictional character in the BBC sitcom 'Allo 'Allo!, which ran from 1982 to 1992. She was played by the actress Carole Ashby.
  • (Louise (crater)) Diophantus is a lunar impact crater that lies in the southwestern part of the Mare Imbrium. It forms a pair with the larger crater Delisle to the north. Diophantus has a wide inner wall and a low central rise.
  • (Louise (Auguste Wilhelmine Amalie Luise)) Luise Auguste Wilhelmine Amalie (Luisa Augusta Wilhelmina Amelia) (10 March 1776 - 19 July 1810) was Queen consort of Prussia.
louises unpainted furniture - Emil Nolde:
Emil Nolde: Unpainted Pictures
Emil Nolde: Unpainted Pictures
Unpainted Pictures is the title of a series of fascinating watercolors painted by Emil Nolde from 1938 through 1945. Nolde created these works in the seclusion of his own home in Seebll, after his works had been confiscated by the Nazis and he himself had been forbidden to paint. He lent many of them to friends for safekeeping, in order to protect himself and his art from Gestapo raids. These small, free, imaginative works were ''unpainted'' in the sense that they did not officially exist and were not supposed to exist--not only that, but Nolde hoped to expand on them at a later date. Nolde never offered any of these watercolors for sale, and today this collection--which has become, for many, the summary and epitome of his work--resides at the Nolde Foundation in Seebll. All of the 104 watercolors in the series are presented here, along with a kind of diary, consisting of dated notes, thoughts, questions, and dreams, which together form a record of the period in which the Unpainted Pictures were being created. Gorgeous, diverse, and quietly moving, these Unpainted Pictures continue to be nothing short of a revelation.

87% (14)
3815 West Drive
3815 West Drive
Douglaston Historic District, Douglaston, Queens, New York City, New York, United States aka 24 West Drive; 38-11 West Drive Borough of Queens Tax Map Block 8063, lot 36 Douglas Manor Section Two, Block 28, lots 8-13 BIN: 4168467 Date: 1952 Style: Contemporary Stories: 3 Structure/material: Frame with unpainted clapboard siding Notable building features: Asymmetrical gable roof with intersecting side gable; brick chimneys, one exposed with stone base and accents; wrap-around, wooden porch, partially enclosed. Alterations: Third story enlarged; porch modified and enclosed; windows replaced; skylights. Related structure on lot: One-car concrete block garage with stucco facing; curving roof. Notable site features: Curving flagstone walkway; perimeter hedge; driveway partially paved with brick; cobblestone curb. INTRODUCTION The Douglaston Historic District contains more than 600 houses set along landscaped streets on a mile-long peninsula extending into Little Neck Bay, at the northeastern edge of Queens adjoining Nassau County. Its history over the past four centuries ranges from a native American settlement to an eighteenth-century farm, a nineteenth-century estate called Douglas Manor, and an early twentieth-century planned suburb, also called Douglas Manor. The Douglaston Historic District encompasses the entire Douglas Manor suburban development, plus several contiguous blocks. Most of the houses in the proposed district date from the early- to mid-twentieth century, while a few survive from the nineteenth century, and one from the eighteenth century. The landscape includes many impressive and exotic specimen trees planted on the mid-nineteenth-century estate, as well as a great white oak, located at 233 Arleigh Road, believed to be 600 years old. Douglaston's location on a peninsula jutting into Flushing Bay at the eastern border of Queens County is an important factor in establishing the character of the district. The very early buildings surviving in the district include the c.1735 Van Wyck House, the c. 1819 Van Zandt manor house (expanded in the early twentieth century for use as the Douglaston Club), and the Greek Revival style c. 1848-50 Benjamin Allen House. Much of the landscaping, including the specimen trees, survives from the estate of Douglas Manor, established by George Douglas and maintained by his son William Douglas. Most of the houses in the historic district were built as part of the planned suburb of Douglas Manor, developed by the Rickert-Finlay Company, that was part of the residential redevelopment of the Borough of Queens following its creation and annexation to the City of Greater New York in 1898. A set of covenants devised by the Rickert-Finlay Company helped assure a carefully planned environment, including a shorefront held in common, winding streets following the topography of the peninsula, and single-family houses ranging in size from substantial mansions along Shore Road on the west to more modest cottages closer to Udalls Cove on the east. The houses of the historic district, which are representative of twentieth-century residential architecture, were designed in a variety of styles including the many variants of the Colonial Revival, many houses in the English manner incorporating Tudor Revival, English cottage, and Arts and Crafts motifs, as well as the Mediterranean Revival. In most cases, they were designed by local Queens architects, including over a dozen who lived in Douglaston itself. The district includes three houses of the Craftsman type pioneered by Gustav Stickley. Eight of the houses in the district were designed by Josephine Wright Chapman, one of America's earliest successful women architects, and they constitute an important body of her work. The Douglaston Historic District survives today as an important example of an early twentieth-century planned suburb adapted to the site of a nineteenth-century estate. The stylistically varied suburban residences, the distinctive topography, the landscaped setting, and the winding streets create a distinct sense of place and give the district its special character. HISTORICAL AND ARCHITECTURAL BACKGROUND OF THE DOUGLASTON HISTORIC DISTRICT Native American and Colonial antecedents The Native American presence on the Little Neck peninsula today known as Douglaston included the Matinecoc,1 one of a group on western Long Island linked by culture and language to others in the area surrounding Manhattan Island (including the Nayack, Marechkawieck, Canarsee, Rockaway, and Massapequa). A number of finds from those settlements have been identified at various sites on the peninsula.2 The Matinecoc, who fanned the peninsula and apparently also produced wampum, were summarily evicted in the 1660s by Thomas Hicks, later Judge Hicks, in what has been described as the only such seizure of property recorded in Flushing town records. In the 1930s, according to local histories, a Matinecoc burial ground was des
Unpainted Himalan
Unpainted Himalan
Itokin Park (Kazu) is awesome. This is an unpainted Himalan that he drew on with a Sharpie. I have no idea how many unpainted Himanalans were made in this color.

louises unpainted furniture
louises unpainted furniture
Unpainted Blank Russian Nesting Dolls, Matryoshka, Matreshka, Nested Dolls, Russian Dolls, nds80000
Decorate your own matryoshka nesting dolls!
The set includes:
5 blank Russian Nesting dolls
6 semi-dry watercolors
step-by-step instructions

WARNING * Choking hazard * Not recommended for kids under 3 years as small items inside
Russian nesting dolls, or matreshka dolls, were first carved by a Russian craftsman in 1890. Ten years later, they earned a bronze medal at the 1900 World Fair in Paris and became a hit souvenir.
Russian nesting dolls separate in half to reveal smaller and smaller dolls inside; a set will usually have no fewer than five dolls. Nicknamed matreshka after the Russian name Matrena.
Russian nesting dolls are most often painted to represent peasant women and girls, but modern craftsmen often paint them in non-traditional styles - for instance animals, celebrities or political leaders. Over the last century, Russian nesting dolls have become one of the most enduring and collectible symbols of Russia and Russian culture.

The manufacturing of Russian nesting dolls is a very specific process. These dolls, made famous in the late 19th century, are still one of the most classic of all Russian art pieces, though they were meant to be toys. The production of them today is the same as it was years ago. Each of the dolls comes from the same block of wood. The artisan cuts the block of wood into two pieces. Then, the top and the bottom pieces of the wood are cut off. The process continues until there is just a small amount of wood left.
The manufacturing of Russian nesting dolls then continues with the carving of each into an oval shape. After carving them out, the pieces come to life when painted flawlessly.

Material: Wood (Linden)
5 pieces
4.5 inches/ 12 cm
Made in Russia
Shipped from Chicago, IL