SPICED OXTAIL STEW
Serves 2-3 persons
500 g oxtail
1/2 cut onion
8 cloves garlic
4 dried chili
1 tbs grated ginger
3 star anise
1/2 cut lemon (juiced)
2-3 tbs brown sugar
3 tbs soy sauce
2 cups water
1. Parboil oxtail in boiling water for 15 mins, drain, rinse with hot water. This will help remove the excess fat and impurities. Set aside.
2. Heat a bit of oil in a pressure cooker and saute Ingredient A until fragrant.
3. Dump in the parboiled oxtail and pour in Ingredient B. Add more water if necessary and make sure the oxtails are immersed in water.
4. Lock the lid and cook it for 40 mins, wait until it`s safe to open the lid (please consult with your cooker`s manual), and check if the meat is tender enough.If it`s not, cook it for another 20 mins or more.
5. Adjust the taste with salt and sugar and the consistency by adding more water to thin it out or cooking it longer with the lid open to thicken it up.
6. Serve with hot steamed rice.