OEFS EN COCOTTE (shallow pan-steamed version)
Ingredients and equipments:
Individual ramekins (optional: greased with oil/butter)
A shallow frying pan containing simmering water with a lid
Salt and pepper
1. Simmer water in a shallow frying pan with the water level is half of the ramekin`s height
2. Crack an egg in the individual ramekin
3. Carefully place the ramekins in the pan and put the lid on
4. Cook for 5 mins on low heat
5. Remove from heat
6. For hard-boiled egg consistency, let the ramekins sit inside the pan at room temperature with the lid on for another 5-10 mins before serving. For soft-boiled egg consistency, serve right away.
7. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and sesame seeds when serving.