Makes about 2 plates
1 spring onion
100 g mushrooms
100 g shirasu
1 medium tomato
5 small green paprika
2 plates cooked/steamed rice
2 tbs miso
3/4 cup water to dissolve the miso*
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 cup water to soften the rice during cooking*
Salt (only if necessary)
*Substitute water for heavy cream or milk to get a creamy consistency
1. Prepare the miso sauce by dissolving 2 tbs miso paste with 3/4 cup of water
2. Add soy sauce and a pinch of pepper to the miso sauce and set aside.
3. Cook sliced spring onions with a bit of oil in a pan over medium heat until fragrant and soft.
4. Toss in sliced mushroom, shirasu, and chopped tomato to the pan and stir well.
5. Throw in cooked rice and stir until the rice is evenly coated.
6. Pour in the miso sauce, stir, and adjust the consistency by adding more water to thin out.
7. Adjust the seasoning and throw in sliced green paprika.
8. Ready to serve.