NEWS FROM THE BOARD.
Next Board Meeting:
Tuesday, May 8th, at 7:30. All members are welcome to attend.
New initiative: The Arts/Wayland Outing Club!
The board felt the need to offer more opportunities for our members to get together. So, we'd like to begin an ongoing series of arts-based experiences.
Our first outing is going to be on Sunday, May 6th, from 1-4pm. We'll be viewing the deCordova's Biennial exhibition. Those interested are invited to meet at 1pm in the dining area adjacent to the deCordova's store. For more information, please contact Pete Curran at email@example.com
Our second outing will be on Sunday, June 3rd, from 1:30-4:30pm. Suzen Perry will be hosting a Plein-Air painting opportunity for members. She's invited us to her home, which is near the Walden Pond park, at 9 Baker Farm Rd., Lincoln, MA. We'll finish the day with a quick trip to the Tsongas Gallery to view the space for our upcoming show (see #2 in Calls for Artists). For more information, please contact Suzen at firstname.lastname@example.org
2012 Membership Renewals are now due.
If you haven't done so, please complete the attached membership form and mail it and your annual dues to the A/W address: P.O. Box 272, Wayland, MA 01778. Please make checks payable to Arts/Wayland. (You may also be soon receiving a renewal form via the mail. You may reply to either the email or snail mail notifications.)
New Board Member Search:
The board is seeking a dedicated member to assume the role of Membership Coordinator. If you are interested or would like further details, please contact email@example.com
CALLS FOR ARTISTS.
1) A/W Members SPRING SHOW at the Wayland Library. See attached for Drop Off form and details.
Important Dates: Show runs from Friday, May 4 - Thursday, May 31.
Artwork Drop-Off: Thursday, May 3, between 3:30 and 5:30 pm at Wayland Library's Raytheon Room.
Artwork Pick-Up: Thursday, May 31, between 3:30 and 5:30pm in Raytheon Room.
Artist Reception: Sunday, May 20, between 2 and 4pm. Guest speaker TBD.
Current members may submit up to 2 pieces for display. 40 inch maximum in length or height. The lower level display case is also available for small 3-dimensional work. Please contact Suzen Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org for exhibit issues or if you would like to assist in hanging the show.
The Wayland Library will post imagery from the show on its website. If you would like your work included, please email a JPEG to Pete Curran, at email@example.com
2) Mark your calendars: upcoming NATURE show for A/W Members at the Tsongas Gallery at Walden Pond. The theme for the show is "nature." The show will run in the summer, from June 15-Aug 15, so keep an eye out for more details.
3) FYI: The Danforth Museum has extended its deadline for submissions to its annual Off the Wall and Community of Artists exhibitions to this coming Friday, April 13. For more details, visit their website: http://www.danforthmuseum.org/annual_members2012.html
1) Member Pearl McCarthy showing at the Courthouse in Boston.
Pearl is exhibiting her work from now until June 28th. Her show is titled "Up Against a Wall." For information, visit: http://moakleycourthouse.com/calendar/calendar.html
2) We had a successful showing at Russell's Garden Center's final Farmers Market in March. Thanks to all who worked at the event and those who visited the table.
3) Please remember to "friend" us on Facebook! Click here to view our page!
For questions or comments, or if you'd like to post an event in future newsletters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org