About A/W >
NEWS FROM THE BOARD.
Next Board Meeting:
Tuesday, May 8th, at 7:30. All members are welcome to attend.
New initiative: The Arts/Wayland Outing Club!
The board felt the need to offer more opportunities for our members to get together. So, we'd like to begin an ongoing series of arts-based experiences.
Our first outing is going to be on Sunday, May 6th, from 1-4pm. We'll be viewing the deCordova's Biennial exhibition. Those interested are invited to meet at 1pm in the dining area adjacent to the deCordova's store. For more information, please contact Pete Curran at email@example.com
Our second outing will be on Sunday, June 3rd, from 1:30-4:30pm. Suzen Perry will be hosting a Plein-Air painting opportunity for members. She's invited us to her home, which is near the Walden Pond park, at 9 Baker Farm Rd., Lincoln, MA. We'll finish the day with a quick trip to the Tsongas Gallery to view the space for our upcoming show (see #2 in Calls for Artists). For more information, please contact Suzen at firstname.lastname@example.org
2012 Membership Renewals are now due.
If you haven't done so, please complete the attached membership form and mail it and your annual dues to the A/W address: P.O. Box 272, Wayland, MA 01778. Please make checks payable to Arts/Wayland. (You may also be soon receiving a renewal form via the mail. You may reply to either the email or snail mail notifications.)
New Board Member Search:
The board is seeking a dedicated member to assume the role of Membership Coordinator. If you are interested or would like further details, please contact email@example.com
CALLS FOR ARTISTS.
1) A/W Members SPRING SHOW at the Wayland Library. See attached for Drop Off form and details.
Important Dates: Show runs from Friday, May 4 - Thursday, May 31.
Artwork Drop-Off: Thursday, May 3, between 3:30 and 5:30 pm at Wayland Library's Raytheon Room.
Artwork Pick-Up: Thursday, May 31, between 3:30 and 5:30pm in Raytheon Room.
Artist Reception: Sunday, May 20, between 2 and 4pm. Guest speaker TBD.
Current members may submit up to 2 pieces for display. 40 inch maximum in length or height. The lower level display case is also available for small 3-dimensional work. Please contact Suzen Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org for exhibit issues or if you would like to assist in hanging the show.
The Wayland Library will post imagery from the show on its website. If you would like your work included, please email a JPEG to Pete Curran, at email@example.com
2) Mark your calendars: upcoming NATURE show for A/W Members at the Tsongas Gallery at Walden Pond. The theme for the show is "nature." The show will run in the summer, from June 15-Aug 15, so keep an eye out for more details.
3) FYI: The Danforth Museum has extended its deadline for submissions to its annual Off the Wall and Community of Artists exhibitions to this coming Friday, April 13. For more details, visit their website: http://www.danforthmuseum.org/annual_members2012.html
1) Member Pearl McCarthy showing at the Courthouse in Boston.
Pearl is exhibiting her work from now until June 28th. Her show is titled "Up Against a Wall." For information, visit: http://moakleycourthouse.com/calendar/calendar.html
2) We had a successful showing at Russell's Garden Center's final Farmers Market in March. Thanks to all who worked at the event and those who visited the table.
3) Please remember to "friend" us on Facebook! Click here to view our page!
For questions or comments, or if you'd like to post an event in future newsletters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWS FROM THE BOARD:
1. CALL FOR ART. The Winter Show will run throughout December at the Wayland Library. Drop off for the show will be Thursday, Dec 1, from 3-5:45pm in the Raytheon Room. Members in good standing may submit up to two pieces for display. The submissions must be wired to hang; no sawtooth hangers. (Sawtooth hangers don't work in the hanging hardware system of the library.) Frame measurements should not exceed 40 inches in either dimension. Please complete the attached Drop-Off form and bring it with you to the drop off. (If you have a JPEG of the work you plan to submit, the library would love to share some imagery from the show on its website. Please email an image as a Reply to this newsletter.)
2. ANNUAL MEETING & WINTER SHOW RECEPTION. The reception for the winter show will be on Sunday, December 11, from 2-4pm in the Raytheon Room. The annual meeting will convene during the reception, beginning at 2:30pm. All are encouraged to attend the meeting and reception! If you're able, please consider bringing a snack to share at the reception.
3. UPCOMING WORKSHOP. On Tuesday, Nov 29th, from 6:30-8:30pm, at the Wayland Library, we will host a workshop on uploading and sharing images online. We'll examine the ins-and-outs of putting images on three of the leading sharing sites: Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa. If you have digital images on a flash drive or laptop, feel free to bring it to the workshop. Or just come to see what it's all about or ask questions. All are welcome, no matter your expertise in the area!
4. LAST CALL FOR WAYLAND 375th LOGO DESIGN. Please email any designs to email@example.com
5. A/W GREETING CARDS. If you'd like to submit an image for consideration for publication on our upcoming series of greeting cards for next year's membership drive, please email an image (up to 3 per member) as a reply to this email.
6. NEW GOOGLE-HOSTED WEBSITE. You may have noticed that the A/W site had a bit of a make-over. The address is the same, but the site is now being hosted through Google Sites, which will allow for more interaction amongst members. Google Sites allows for members to post, share, and comment on group activities. Unfortunately, this change has led to a few issues:
Issue 1: Google may ask that you log-in to add content to the site. This is not as scary as it sounds. You can create an account by simply typing in your regular email and a password. (You DO NOT need to create a Google email account.) In the long term, creating a google account will make your interaction with the A/W site much more rewarding. Please reply with any questions or troubleshooting in this matter.
Issue 2: You may notice the "Members" page is quite sparse. I'm the only one who has created a page, but you are all more than welcome to create your own page! If interested, here's how to do it: Send a reply to this newsletter email with your name, any contact info you'd like to include on the page, a brief blurb about your artmaking/experience, and up to 3 JPEG images of your work. (Or, if you're feeling adventurous, you can create your own page!)
1. Saxonville Open Studios were held this past weekend. A/W members Carol MacGregor, Cynthia Lincoln Andrews and Wil Traub all welcomed visitors to their studios.
2. Fountain Street Studios Holiday Stroll
November 19 - 20, 2011
Saturday/Sunday 11am - 5 pm
59 Fountain Street, Framingham MA (617) 750-5003
3. Donald Gotz invites members to view his work in the Arts Alliance Show at the Citizens Bank in Hudson. For details, visit: http://upwitharts.org/exhibits.html
1-2 of 2