FURNITURE STORE THE VILLAGES - FURNITURE STORE

FURNITURE STORE THE VILLAGES - BUSH FURNITURE ONLINE - OLD ASHLEY FURNITURE.

Furniture Store The Villages


furniture store the villages
    furniture
  • A person's habitual attitude, outlook, and way of thinking
  • Furniture + 2 is the most recent EP released by American post-hardcore band Fugazi. It was recorded in January and February 2001, the same time that the band was recording their last album, The Argument, and released in October 2001 on 7" and on CD.
  • Large movable equipment, such as tables and chairs, used to make a house, office, or other space suitable for living or working
  • Furniture is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above the ground, or to store things.
  • Small accessories or fittings for a particular use or piece of equipment
  • furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
    villages
  • (village) a community of people smaller than a town
  • A group of houses and associated buildings, larger than a hamlet and smaller than a town, situated in a rural area
  • (in the US) A small municipality with limited corporate powers
  • A self-contained district or community within a town or city, regarded as having features characteristic of village life
  • Greenwich Village: a mainly residential district of Manhattan; `the Village' became a home for many writers and artists in the 20th century
  • A village is a clustered human settlement or community, larger than a hamlet with the population ranging from a few hundred to a few thousands (sometimes tens of thousands), Though often located in rural areas, the term urban village is also applied to certain urban neighbourhoods, such as the
    store
  • A retail establishment selling items to the public
  • A quantity or supply of something kept for use as needed
  • Store-bought
  • a supply of something available for future use; "he brought back a large store of Cuban cigars"
  • keep or lay aside for future use; "store grain for the winter"; "The bear stores fat for the period of hibernation when he doesn't eat"
  • shop: a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services; "he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod"
furniture store the villages - Christmas Music
Christmas Music Box Holiday Fiber Optic Lighted Santa Claus Village Musical
Christmas Music Box Holiday Fiber Optic Lighted Santa Claus Village Musical
Holiday Music Box - Santa Clause Village. Open the lid and watch the twinkling fiber-optic lights pulsate to a melody of 8 traditional Christmas tunes. Sound activated. Music boxes are all 8"W x 5"H x 5.75"D. Requires 3 "AA" batteries (not included). Song List: 1. Jingle Bells; 2. We Wish You A Merry Christmas; 3. Silent Night; 4. Deck The Halls; 5. Joy To The World; 6. The First Noel; 7. Hark The Herald Angels Sing; 8. Oh Christmas Tree. New song will play when previous song is done by tapping on the side of the music box.

84% (16)
Former J. Kurtz & Sons Store Building
Former J. Kurtz & Sons Store Building
Jamaica Avenue, Jamaica, Queens, New York City, New York, United States The Kurtz Store, a striking commercial building in the heart of downtown Jamaica, is a rare manifestation of the Art Deco style in the Borough of Queens. Its ornamentation is typical of that period of architecture prevalent in the 1920s and early 1930s, which looked to the future and to the machine with expectation and optimism. Its compact form, accented by modern materials and skyscraper imagery, enhances this bustling area of the city. The building was erected in 1931 as a retail store for the furniture chain of J. Kurtz & Sons. This company had been founded in 1870 by Jacob Kurtz and had three other stores by that time, including the original one on State Street in Brooklyn. The Jamaica store was used continuously by the Kurtz firm until 1978, at which time it was sold to other retailers. The selling floors have recently been divided to accommodate several tenants but the exterior remains intact. When the Kurtz company decided to expand its retail operations to Jamaica, the area was an important commercial center for Queens and for much of Long Island. Its central location and well-developed transportation systems had made it the hub of a wide area. Jamaica had always been a crossroads for Long Island, dating back to the time when Jamaica Avenue was an Indian trail. The first railroad line arrived here in 1834, built by the Brooklyn & Jamaica Railroad Company. In 1850 Jamaica Avenue, then called Fulton Street, became a plank road and connected the area to the Brooklyn ferries. Horsecar lines were begun in 1866 and electrified in 1886. The Long Island Railroad station was completed in 1913 with the Jamaica Elevated trains arriving five years later. Jamaica started as a sleepy Dutch village of assorted, freestanding structures, loosely grouped along main streets, when the town was granted a patent from Peter Stuyvesant in 1656. The English took over in 1664, changing the town's name from the Dutch "Rusdorp" to a variation on the Canarsie Indian word for beaver, "jamecos." One hundred years later, the community had become a trading post where farmers from outlying areas brought their produce. The nineteenth century saw the development of Jamaica as a resort, attracting wealthy urban residents who wanted to escape the numerous summer plagues of the city. The permanent population of Jamaica also increased steadily in the early nineteenth century and brought with it the normal proliferation of new buildings. The earliest recorded map of the land where the Kurtz Store is located, dated 1836, shows that it was owned by Henry Wilkes. Another map, compiled ten years later shows the Wilkes land subdivided, but neither shows any structures on this lot. On the 1873 Beers Map, a Methodist Episcopal Church is located here, but the building was no longer extant by 1895.^ From at least that date until the Kurtz company erected its building, this lot held a two-story commercial structure which, in 1929, housed eleven different tenants. By this time Jamaica contained a thriving business district and the furniture company sought to take advantage of this. The Kurtz family requested that the architects create a building which would be thoroughly modern and arrest the eye of those passing by on the elevated train, which then ran along Jamaica Avenue. The firm of Allmendinger & Schlendorf, which had previously renovated other stores for the Kurtz chain, was chosen to design the new furniture store. Louis Allmendinger (1876-1937) received his technical training at the Mechanics Institute in New York. He worked for various architects until 1922 when he started his own firm, specializing in industrial and commercial buildings. His work included other types of buildings however, including the Russian Orthodox Cathedral of the Transfiguration of Our Lord in Brooklyn (1916-21, a designated New York City Landmark) and its Parish House (1916). M. Allen Schlendorf (b. 1902) graduated from Cooper Union and attended Columbia University. In 1926, he joined with Allmendinger and formed a partnership which lasted until the older man's death in 1937. Located on offices in Brooklyn, the firm was responsible for numerous institutional, industrial, and commercial designs, including the German Masonic Temple in Manhattan, the Liebman Brewery and the North American Brewery in Brooklyn, as well as the Ehler Coffee Plant in Brooklyn After Allmendinger's death, Schlendorf continued the practice under his own name, designing such projects as the Evangelical Lutheran Church and Hospital in Brooklyn, the E.B. Stimpson Co., and the East Brooklyn Savings and Loan (now Pioneer Savings and Loan). The design for the Kurtz Store is clearly different from the other work of these designers. Mr. Schlendorf recalls that his clients requested a building that would be very "modern and colorful" and would reflect the contemporary furnitur
Furniture Village Farnborough Renaissance
Furniture Village Farnborough Renaissance
Easter saw the opening of a new Furniture Village Store in Farnborough. ercol are one of the key brands featured in this new store. Shown here is our Gina recliner with a Renaissance sofa in the background. We like their quote on the wall "A shin is a device for finding furniture in the dark." We've all been there!

furniture store the villages
Comments