Cooking Fresh Turkey : Child Cooking Recipes
Cooking Fresh Turkey
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- The flesh of the turkey as food
- Something that is extremely or completely unsuccessful, esp. a play or movie
- a Eurasian republic in Asia Minor and the Balkans; on the collapse of the Ottoman Empire in 1918, the Young Turks, led by Kemal Ataturk, established a republic in 1923
- joker: a person who does something thoughtless or annoying; "some joker is blocking the driveway"
- A large mainly domesticated game bird native to North America, having a bald head and (in the male) red wattles. It is prized as food, esp. on festive occasions such as Thanksgiving and Christmas
- large gallinaceous bird with fan-shaped tail; widely domesticated for food
- Not previously known or used; new or different
- (of a cycle) beginning or occurring again; "a fresh start"; "fresh ideas"
- (of food) Recently made or obtained; not canned, frozen, or otherwise preserved
- recently made, produced, or harvested; "fresh bread"; "a fresh scent"; "fresh lettuce"
- Recently created or experienced and not faded or impaired
- newly: very recently; "they are newly married"; "newly raised objections"; "a newly arranged hairdo"; "grass new washed by the rain"; "a freshly cleaned floor"; "we are fresh out of tomatoes"
Barley Turkey Soup
Very nice on a cold windy day like today! Barley Turkey Soup Yields: 9 servings INGREDIENTS: 8 cups chicken broth 1 1/2 cups diced celery 1 cup medium pearl barley 1 medium onion, diced 3/4 cup diced carrots 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme 1 bay leaf 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice 1/8 teaspoon pepper dash cayenne pepper 2 cups cubed cooked turkey 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley DIRECTIONS: 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first 11 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables and barley are tender. Stir in turkey and parsley if desired; heat through. Discard bay leaf before serving. From: Taste of home magazine
Hawaiian Turkey Sliders
New house, new food. I made little turkey burgers I added red onion, garlic, teryaki and a few other things to the ground turkey, grilled some pineapple and put it all on a kings Hawaiian roll, we really liked how they turned out, but decided we add some chutney on the rolls next time for some spice. Served with some fresh mango slices a quick and easy summer supper!
Related topics: bramley cooking applesvegetarian cooking coursesconvection cooking chickencooking apples recipefree virtual cooking gamesoutdoor wok cookingcooking fresh beanskids cooking recipebeef cooking guide