PLEXIGLASS CONSOLE TABLE : OAK DININGROOM TABLE
Plexiglass Console Table
- A table supported by ornamented brackets, either movable or fixed against a wall
- (Console Tables) Tables made for fixing against a wall and having no legs at the back. They came into fashion early in the eighteenth century, and were made often in pairs.
- A table meant to be displayed against a wall. It may be attached to the wall with only two front legs or freestanding on four legs.
- a small table fixed to a wall or designed to stand against a wall
- Plexiglas: a light transparent weather resistant thermoplastic
- Poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) is a transparent thermoplastic, often used as a light or shatter-resistant alternative to glass. Chemically, it is the synthetic polymer of methyl methacrylate.
- alternative capitalization of Plexiglas
We've started experimenting with plexiglass and lights. Just scrape a drawing with a dremel tip on one side of the plexiglass piece. Then make a little hole in the edge below, enough to insert a little light source as a led. Turning the light on, you will see a nice laser/neon effect on your drawing You can see the result,it is still raw and not well refined, but it gives you an idea. Use high performance led and limit the power to it with a resistor, otherwise you'll burn it. --- Abbiamo iniziato a fare delle prove con il plexiglass. Basta incidere un'immagine su un lato di un pezzetto di plexiglass con una punta o meglio con una piccola fresa di un trapanino elettrico e poi fare un foro nel lato sotto per permettere l'inserimento di una luce, ad esempio un piccolo led. Accendendo la luce, si vedra' un bell'effetto tipo laser o neon in corrispondenza dell'immagine disegnata. Il risultato che vedete e' ancora rozzo e poco rifinito, ma rende bene l'idea. Usate led ad alta luminosita' e attenzione a limitare la tensione di alimentazione con una resistenza per non bruciarlo.
"plexiglass photo dissection assignment" my ideas for this assignment changed a lot during the process. i had created the still life at home. i used certain parts of other photographs to add more flowers but i used two copies of the main photo. sometimes i wish that i would have taken a picture of just the cardboard background so that i could create the still life through dissection. the plexiglass allowed me to layer but i do not think it was very successful in creating depth in my situation. nonetheless, i enjoyed this project and i like the final outcome.