Flower For Dress : Red Flower Girl Dresses
Flower For Dress
- bloom: produce or yield flowers; "The cherry tree bloomed"
- Induce (a plant) to produce flowers
- a plant cultivated for its blooms or blossoms
- Be in or reach an optimum stage of development; develop fully and richly
- (of a plant) Produce flowers; bloom
- reproductive organ of angiosperm plants especially one having showy or colorful parts
- Put clothes on (someone)
- put on clothes; "we had to dress quickly"; "dress the patient"; "Can the child dress by herself?"
- Wear clothes in a particular way or of a particular type
- a one-piece garment for a woman; has skirt and bodice
- Put on one's clothes
- full-dress: suitable for formal occasions; "formal wear"; "a full-dress uniform"; "dress shoes"
Olivia in the Pillowcase Dress for Little Dresses for Africa
Olivia is showing what the pillowcase dress that I made for Little Dresses for Africa looks like on. It can be worn by itself or with a shirt underneath it. I used a pillowcase, bias tape, and a floral fabric to create the dress. It is about a size 7 with adjustable ties at the shoulder. This was made to donate to Little Dresses for Africa which in turn distributes them to girls who are orphans in Africa. Many of them have lost their parents to AIDS and are on their own. They have one outfit...maybe two. The pillowcase dress is an outfit that they receive to show them that someone cares about them.
Crocheted "Flower Dress" for a sweet new little lady in our lives!
I quite like how this turned out....supposed to fit 3 months size. The flower was the most difficult part for me....!! I am glad I keep old issues of my craft magazines!! (Crochet Today magazine, May/June/08 edition)