posted Jul 31, 2009, 5:14 AM by abdul rahman khan
Assam Rifles School Shillong was established in the year 1980. The School is affiliated to the CBSE Board, New Delhi like many other schools in India. This is one of the residential schools in India that was established with a specific motto to provide education to the wards of JCOS, Officers and personnel of Assam Rifles. The school was inaugurated by the Governor of the North Eastern states, L.P. Singh. It imparts quality education to its students with the help of very good infrastructure. The school has accommodation for boys though some day scholars might include girls. Infrastructure:
|Facilities for indoor and outdoor games
- Extensive fields or playgrounds for various sorts of games.
- Golf course
- A riding school, an infirmary and a stationary store within the school premises.
- A bakery and a vegetable farm
- Career guidance for the students in the +2 standard.
Activities: Co-curricular activities:
- Activities like carpentry, music, painting, candle craft, clay modeling, dramatics, horticulture, photography, meteorology and wall magazine are some in which students take part.
- Elocution, quiz competitions and debates, conducted by the English Literary Society and Hindi Parishad
- Scouts, guides and NCC
- The events organized by the nature club in coalition with World Wild Life society.
- Special events and programs arranged by the Indian Music society, Western Music society and Film Society.
Various games like volleyball, cricket, football, handball, basketball, marathon, boxing, khokho, badminton, athletics, gymnastics and table tennis. Optional games include golf, horse riding and tennis. Features:
|Medium of instruction
||Science, Humanities and Commerce.|
There are around 500 seats available in the hostel for the boys only. The boarders have to get along with them some basic necessities, like:
- 1 Light dress, 2 night suits, 5 under garments, 2 blankets, 12 handkerchiefs
- 1 torch, 2 bath towels, 1 rain coat, bucket and a mug, medium size lock and keys
- 1 pair of rubber sandals, a school bag, 1 moulded suitcase or trunk
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, soaps, hair oil, comb
The management consists of the Assam Rifles Public School society, which is a registered autonomous body under Society Act, 1960. Admission process:
Registration is the first step for seeking admission. Rs. 2000 is a non-refundable registration fee that they have to pay before the admission test. Some of the documents required during admission:
Sixty percent of the boarding seats are reserved for children of Assam Rifles Personnel, late Assam Rifles Personnel and ex- servicemen.
Forty percent seats are also reserved for civilians.
There is a Common Entrance Test held each year, selected students may take admission in different classes.
The students are tested in English, Hindi and Maths, apart from an interview.
- Original TC or transfer certificate, that contains the date of birth
- Passport sized photographs – 3
- Complete health information form
- Original copy of final examination result
- Migration certificate.
May is the month when their sessions begin and ends in April. The months from December to February are the winter months when a break is allowed for 2 months. Fourteen days of Puja vacation is also given to the students. Scholarship programs:
Scholarships are provided to the meritorious tribal students belonging to the North Eastern Council. There are some other scholarships also though the education is given subsidy. Fee structure:
Contact the school authority for information on fee structure. Contact information:
Assam Rifles Public School
Meghalaya, India Phone:
(0364) 705850 (Principal) Homepage link:
No homepage found.