The 11th Annual Arizona AWHONN Conference
Women and Health Issues in the 21st Century
May 21, 2015 8:00am - 5:00pm
Black Canyon Conference Center, Phoenix, AZ
The 2015 AZ AWHONN conference, Women and Infant Health Issues in the 21st Century, is an event you won't want to miss! Our featured speaker, Lisa Miller, CNM, JD, is a renowned nurse-midwife and lawyer. Her unique perspective regarding liability issues in obstetrics will provide attendees with an evidence- and consensus-based approach to caring for the perinatal patient. Victoria Maizes, MD, an internationally recognized leader in integrative medicine, promises to energize conference-goers with her presentation, "The Art and Science of Revitalization!". The complexities of neonatal infection will be elucidated by Dr. Jordan Leonard, NICU Medical Director of Banner Thunderbird Medical Center. Dr. Linda Chambliss, Director of Maternal Fetal Medicine at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, will "crack the code" of liver disorders in pregnancy.
The agenda includes:
- What's Next? Effective Diagnosis and Treatment of Neonatal Infections
- Cracking the Code: Understanding Liver Disorders in Pregnancy
- The Art and Science of Revitalization!
- Liability Issues in Perinatal Care: It's Not About the Lawyers (Parts I and II)
Click on the brochure links below to see the full conference brochure, including times and speakers, and to learn how to register for the event.
2015 Annual AWHONN National Convention
June 13 - 17, 2014 Long Beach, CA
Long Beach Convention Center
The 2015 AWHONN Annual Convention promises to inspire, lead, and forge new directions in the care of women and newborns. AWHONN promises that this convention will be the most cost-effective and rewarding professional development experience you will have in 2015. Attendance will provide:
- Education that provides evidence-based innovative practices which can be applied to your patient care
- Networking with like-minded nursing professionals that will re-energize your commitment to women's and neonatal nursing
- Ability to share knowledge gained by attendance with colleagues and coworkers so that all can benefit
- Speakers that are motivated and knowledgeable and can help you learn and grow as a nurse
The 2015 annual AWHONN convention is a must-attend event for obstetrical, newborn, and women's health nurses, with presentations, workshops, and panel discussions on a wide variety of topics to meet professional and educational goals. Attendance at this conference provides continuing education units which can be used for specialty certification requirements, and there is ample time for networking with colleagues and to share ideas with like-minded health care providers from around the country.
Click here for more information, including speakers, registration, hotel/travel, and expo information.
Plan to attend this conference with more than 3,000 of your colleagues.