FIX LEAKING WATER VALVE : AUTOMATIC AIR VENT VALVE.
Fix Leaking Water Valve
- An electro-mechanical device that opens a valve to allow water to flow. The electric current causes a magnetic field to develop, in the solenoid coil, which then moves a metallic plunger. The plunger in turn opens the valve. May also be called a FILL VALVE.
- (of a container or covering) Accidentally lose or admit contents, esp. liquid or gas, through a hole or crack
- (of secret information) Become known
- (leak) an accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape; "one of the tires developed a leak"
- (of liquid, gas, etc.) Pass in or out through a hole or crack in such a way
- (leak) tell anonymously; "The news were leaked to the paper"
- (leak) soft watery rot in fruits and vegetables caused by fungi
- repair: restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- Fasten (something) securely in a particular place or position
- Lodge or implant (an idea, image, or memory) firmly in a person's mind
- Direct one's eyes, attention, or mind steadily or unwaveringly toward
- fasten: cause to be firmly attached; "fasten the lock onto the door"; "she fixed her gaze on the man"
- informal terms for a difficult situation; "he got into a terrible fix"; "he made a muddle of his marriage"
Water leak: before - through the ceiling; after - overflowing outside
The overflow had become disconnected from the cold water tank (thank you loft insulation installers!). The ball on the end of the ball-valve had "deflated". Hence, after being away for a few days at the beginning of October, the water build up in the tank then overflowed into the bedroom ceiling. It's not been a problem since (because I've used water every day; or switched it all off when we went away), so I've been happy to wait 5 weeks for it to get fixed. Aside: yes, my overflows (the other is for the central heating header tank) exit above my front door.
Honey - could you please fix the leaking faucet in the bathroom? I went to shut off the water, and the valve handle fell apart. So I waited almost a year to begin the work because I knew in my heart-of-hearts that I was going to end up gutting the bathroom. Little did I know that I would also end up having all the galvanized supply line replaced, as well as reworking a good deal of the electrical wiring.
Related topics: nibco stainless steel ball valvesjenkins gate valvesfixing toilet fill valvemanual knife gate valvemain steam stop valvedemco valve companysmart valve positionerpressure safety valve animation