3rd General Meeting: "A Career in Railroad Engineering"
CN Kirk Yard Field Trip
· AREMA will be taking a field trip to CN Kirk Yard in Gary, IN on Wednesday March 1st 2017
· There are 15 spots available so sign up quickly!
· We will leave from Newmark at 7:30am and return later in the evening
· Use this link to sign up!
Boy Scout NOVAree
· Are you interested in teaching Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and kids in the community about railroad engineering? Would you like to help scouts earn their Railroading Merit Badge? Consider volunteering for the Boy Scout NOVAree!!
· These events will be held Saturdays, April 8th and 22nd (Time TBA) at Loomis Laboratory.
· We are looking for volunteers to help present the topics on:
1. General railroading
2. Types of railcars
3. Passenger and mass transit
4. Signal and train control
5. Railroad safety
6. Railroad infrastructure, etc.
· The materials from previous years will be provided. You do not have to commit the full day!
· Interested people should email Nao Nishio at email@example.com
EOH and STEM Outreach
· AREMA SC is looking for interested individuals to create/join a committee to discuss STEM outreach and the Engineering Open House booth
· Engineering Open House is an annual student-led event featuring two days of exciting exhibits and captivating competitions that showcase the talent and ingenuity of engineering students at the University of Illinois
· This year's EOH will be held on March 10th and 11th
· To read more about the even please visit this link
· To sign up to volunteer at EOH please use this link
· If you are interested in volunteering or joining a committee, please email Nao Nishio at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Fair and Networking
· CEE Spring 2017 Job Fair
o Thursday February 23rd, 2017
o 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
o Newmark Laboratory Crane Bay.
· Multiple railways will attend the fair including:
o Canadian National
o Canadian Pacific
o Union Pacific
· Follow this link for more information
· Follow this link to sign up