MILL DIRECT CARPET : DIRECT CARPET

MILL DIRECT CARPET : CARPET CLEANING BRISBANE : CARPET INSTALLATION EDMONTON.

Mill Direct Carpet


mill direct carpet
    direct
  • Extending or moving from one place to another by the shortest way without changing direction or stopping
  • Without intervening factors or intermediaries
  • (of a person or their behavior) Going straight to the point; frank
  • command with authority; "He directed the children to do their homework"
  • directly: without deviation; "the path leads directly to the lake"; "went direct to the office"
  • direct in spatial dimensions; proceeding without deviation or interruption; straight and short; "a direct route"; "a direct flight"; "a direct hit"
    carpet
  • cover completely, as if with a carpet; "flowers carpeted the meadows"
  • A large rug, typically an oriental one
  • A thick or soft expanse or layer of something
  • form a carpet-like cover (over)
  • rug: floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile)
  • A floor or stair covering made from thick woven fabric, typically shaped to fit a particular room
    mill
  • A piece of machinery of this type
  • A domestic device for grinding a solid substance to powder or pulp
  • move about in a confused manner
  • factory: a plant consisting of one or more buildings with facilities for manufacturing
  • A building equipped with machinery for grinding grain into flour
  • Scottish philosopher who expounded Bentham's utilitarianism; father of John Stuart Mill (1773-1836)

WESTMINSTER - CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH - 01
WESTMINSTER - CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH - 01
A brief history of the Westminster Congregational Church by Deacon Clarence Kneeland AN OVERVIEW Captain Sherebiah Butts and his seven sons built the Westminster Congregational Meetinghouse, with considerable assistance, no doubt, from other determined citizens of Westminster. It is doubtful that these good folk of another day would recognize their own creation, should they step back into life today. Changes have been many and drastic during the past two hundred years. The building has been turned and burned, additions and modifications made both inside and outside. Although slightly damaged by fire and hurricane, the original building still stands, a monument to its sturdy builders, and the lasting quality of their work. THE SOCIETY IS BORN In 1769, a group of Canterbury citizens petitioned the general court of the colony (now the General Assembly) for permission to be set off as a separate society to serve members in the western part of town who found the long trip to meeting at Canterbury Green a hardship in the winter months. This they did after one failure in a similar attempt in 1767. In October of 1769, the Assembly established a separate ecclesiastical society "to be known and called by the name of Westminster". A hilltop site (one of the highest in the state) nears the center of the society, and at the crossroads was selected as the location of the new meetinghouse. Sherebiah Butts, captain of the local militia, was engaged as master builder and architect. He, along with his sons and other helpers proceeded to the work at hand with suuch promptness that the new church was ready for use in the middle of 1770. On November 20, 1770, a counsel having been called from churches of several surrounding parishes, fifteen men from Westminster signed the covenant, which definitely established the new church. Excerpts from the covenant read as follows: WE PROFESS TO TAKE THE HOLY SCRIPTURES OF THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS AS THE ONLY ULTIMATE RULE OF OUR FAITH AND MANNERS, AND TO BELIEVE ALL THE DOCTRINES THEREIN REVEALED.... WE AVOUCH THE LORD JEHOVAH, FARTHER, SON AND HOLY GHOST TO BE OUR GOD AND THE GOD OF OUR SEED, AND PROMISE, BY THE HELP OF DIVINE GRACE TO ENDEAVOR TO WALK IN ALL THE COMMANDMENTS AND ORDINANCES OF THE LORD BLAMELESS. WE AGREE THAT THE TERMS OF COMMUNION ARE, A PROFESSION OF FAITH IN CHRIST, (BY WHICH WE MEAN A SOUNDNESS IN FAITH, OR A BELIEF OF THE FUNDAMENTAL DOCTRINES OF THE GOSPEL;) ACCOMPANIED WITH SUFFICIENT KNOWLEDGE OF THE SCRIPTURES AND A CONVERSATION BECOMING THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST. The brethen voted unanimously to give Mr. Elijah Fitch an invitation to take pastoral charge of the church. However, Mr. Fitch declined the offer. It was almost a year later, on November 12, 1771, that Mr. John Staples was given an invitation to become pastor of the new church. The church received an affirmative answer on March 8, 1772, and the Rev. John Staples was ordained as pastor on April 7, 1772. He served the church until his death on February 15, 1804, "in the 61st year of his life and the 32nd of his ministry. Ministers are not suffered to continue by reason of death." So wrote a dutiful scribe of long ago. (Tradition has it that Mr. Staples died as a result of a cold allegedly caught when he forgot to wear his wig one winter evening when asked to call on a woman suffering with scarlet fever.) THE YEARS ROLL BY The church common, a tract of about four acres was a gift of John Park for use as a meetinghouse site, burial ground and common. In 1790 the society voted that any who wished might build "convenient and decent horse sheds on the Meeting House Green near the meeting house in said Society." Repairs were found necessary and made on several occasions between 1790 and 1800. In October of 1799 a committee was directed to make necessary repairs and a tax, "of one cent and five mills on the dollar be made on the last August list of the polls and Raitable estates in this Society." At the same time, this committee was given power to "make such alteration in the seetment of the meetinghouse in said Society from time to time as they shall think proper." In 1803 the society voted to pay for "Building and painting the new gates at the burying yard near the Meeting House in said Society." It was about this time that a proposition was made that Westminster reunite with the first society of Canterbury. Nothing came of this movement. Instead, the Rev. Erastus Learned was engaged as pastor in 1804, with the annual salary of $333.34. A BIG CHANGE FOR A LITTLE CHURCH By 1835, the building, though only 65 years old, and though it had been repaired and painted several times, was in a bad state of disrepair, and considered out of style. On December 28, 1835, a committee reported that they considered it unwise to remodel the old church. They had no plan for a new building, but suggested that "
Photograph, Brownstone Mill Building
Photograph, Brownstone Mill Building
Description: Brownstone Mill Building. Paper enclosed with photo states that there is an inscription that says "Little Falls Carpet Mill, Directed by Robert Beattie, 1858." Paper also states that this photo was taken ca. 1870. Date: 1870

mill direct carpet
See also:
keshan rugs
lime green carpet
black bathroom rugs
carpet stain protection
blue bath rug
vacuum berber carpet
custom design rugs
carpet madison wi
Comments