AWNING WINDOW REPLACEMENT PARTS. AWNING WINDOW

AWNING WINDOW REPLACEMENT PARTS. DISCOUNT DRAPERY PANELS

Awning Window Replacement Parts


awning window replacement parts
    replacement parts
  • Imex supplies replacement parts - all manufacturers names, numbers, symbols and descriptions are used for reference purposes only and do not imply that any Goods and/or Services or part listed are the product of these manufacturers.
  • (Replacement part) A spare part, service part, or spare, is an item of inventory that is used for the repair or replacement of failed parts. Spare parts are an important feature of logistics management and supply chain management, often comprising dedicated spare parts management systems.
  • Any part, new, used or aftermarket, that replaces the damaged item on a vehicle.
    awning window
  • A window is a transparent opening in a wall or door that allows the passage of light and, if not closed or sealed, air and sound. Windows are usually glazed or covered in some other transparent or translucent material like a float glass.
  • (Awning windows) Single-sash windows that tilt outward and up.
  • (Awning Windows) Windows which are hinged on top and swing outward to open. They are usually rectangular, and wider than they are long.

56-58 Pine Street Building
56-58 Pine Street Building
Pine Street, Financial District, Manhattan This distinguished Lower Manhattan office building, built in 1893-94 by developer James G. Wallace and designed by his company’s architect Oswald Wirz, is a rare survivor. The building represents a period of great urban and business growth, as well as technological advancements in the building industry. As a twelve-story commercial structure, it illustrates a phase in New York's progression from four-and five-story commercial buildings to the mammouth office towers which now fill the commercial sections of the city. Faced with brick, stone, and terra cotta, the building is distinguished by its Romanesque Revival characteristics, seen in the round-arched openings, the deeply set windows, and truncated columns, and embellished by intricate foliate panels and fantastic heads. The building’s height and ornate design scheme, while typical of the time it was built, give it an unusual and distinctive presence in downtown Manhattan. DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS The Commercial Center of Lower Manhattan Historically, Lower Manhattan has always been New York's commercial center, due originally to the proximity of the rivers and the trade that resulted from shipping. As businesses expanded, warehouses and counting houses began to take over the riverfront section and then the area to the north. The connection between Wall Street and business was formalized with the establishment, in 1792, of the New York Stock Exchange. The Exchange was housed in various Wall Street buildings until constructing its own headquarters on Broad Street near Wall in 1865. By the middle of the nineteenth century, businesses needed to keep precise records, a result of the requirements of the expanded service industries of banking and insurance. These operations increased to such an extent that they needed specialized office buildings, separate from manufacturing and production facilities. Lower Manhattan, already New York's trading center, was the natural location for the explosive growth of this new building type during the 1880s and early 1890s. A Lower Manhattan location, close to Wall Street was particularly important for banks and insurance companies and other businesses related to the financial world. Pine Street, during the 1880s and 1890s became home to numerous insurance companies, vestiges of which can still be noted on some of the area's older structures. James G. Wallace James G. Wallace was one of the developers who took advantage of the expanding business market during the 1880s and 1890s to construct several speculative office buildings downtown, near the financial center of Wall Street. The 1898 Real Estate Record and Guide called Wallace “a New York builder of the better class.” Wallace's office buildings were all twelve stories high, with modern amenities, and included the Beard Building at 125 Cedar Street (aka 120-122 Liberty Street, 1895) and the J. Munroe Taylor Building on Cortlandt Street (1891, demolished), as well as 56-58 Pine Street. Wallace maintained his own offices in the Pine Street building, which was known originally as the Wallace Building. Working during the last decades of the nineteenth century, Wallace was responsible for the construction of numerous warehouses in what is now the SoHo area of Manhattan, as well as tenements, flats and apartment houses on the east side, between 26th and 59th Streets. Oswald Wirz (1850?-1900) Oswald Wirz emigrated from Switzerland to the United States in 1880; nothing is known about his early life and training. He established a short-lived partnership with Robert Nickel in 1886. A year later he opened his own architectural practice, and then worked with the construction firm of James G. Wallace until 1895. In 1899 he became the head draftsman for George W. Spitzer. He designed three flats buildings on East 91st Street (now in the Carnegie Hill Historic District) in the Renaissance Revival style and designed the alterations for a store and loft building in what is now the Tribeca East Historic District. While working as the Wallace firm’s in-house architect, Wirz designed the company's two other office buildings, the J. Munroe Taylor Building and the Beard Building, as well as the Wallace Building on Pine Street. Although the ground floor of the Beard Building has been completely altered, its upper stories share certain characteristics with the Pine Street Building, including its brick and terra-cotta facades, continuous brick piers between recessed windows, and its swirling, foliate designs surrounding grotesque heads. Tall Office Buildings in New York By the mid-nineteenth century, the tip of Manhattan was occupied by four-and five-story commercial buildings, their height limited by the weight of masonry-bearing walls and by how many stairs tenants and visitors were willing to climb. Increasing population, transportation requirements, and business growth combined to put development pressure on the
145 Eighth Avenue
145 Eighth Avenue
Eighth Avenue, Chelsea, Manhattan The modest rowhouse at 145 Eighth Avenue is one of a pair of highly intact 3 1/2 story Federal style houses constructed 1827 for owner Aaron Dexter, a dry goods merchant, who retained ownership of the property until 1846. At the time of its completion 145 Eighth Avenue was situated between Greenwich Village and Chelsea. No. 145 Eighth Avenue has continuously housed both residential tenants and businesses, reflecting the evolving commercial character of Eighth Avenue. Over the course of centuries, the original storefront configuration of the ground floor has had several alterations, most notably the historic 1940 arcaded shop front. This row house, in concert with its neighbor at 147 Eighth Avenue, is intact above its storefront and exhibits all of the attributes of Federal style houses of the era. The building has a steeply pitched roof with double dormer windows, shares a party wall and central chimney with its neighbor, and a facade clad in Flemish bond brickwork. The windows on the second and third floors have flat stone lintels and sills. No. 145, together with 147 Eighth Avenue is among the rare extant significantly intact Federal style houses with a commercial ground floor that have survived north of 14th Street. The modest 21-foot-wide 3 and 1/2 story row house at 145 Eighth Avenue retains characteristics of the Federal style: Flemish bond brick cladding, side entrance and evenly-spaced second-and third-floor windows with simple stone sills, and a steeply pitched roof with two dormer windows. Given the lack of a raised basement and stoop and its location on a historically busy thoroughfare it is likely that there was originally a shop on the ground floor. The current appearance shows the historic 1940 configuration.35 The ground floor storefront has a tripartite division including a deeply recessed central store entrance with a single wood-and-glass door with transom reached by a passage-way from the street. Flanking angled display windows that run the depth of the passage-way, feature seamless glazing and metal casing. The left side culminates in a protruding hexagonal display case. Both glass display cases rest on concrete and glazed metal bulkheads, with non-historic metal basement access doors in front of the northern display window. The floor of the passage-way is clad in alternating light and dark terracotta colored glazed tile, outlined in the darker tile. The entrance to the upper floors at the southern bay is deeply inset within a molded wood reveal. The wood and multi-light door sits on a single stone step and is topped by a denticulated wood cornice and a stained glass transom. The pediment above the door has been removed. A continuous canvas box awning runs the entire width at the top of the ground floor. Throughout the second and third story levels are one-over-one double-hung replacement windows with shaved lintels. Two pedimented dormers are clad in metal siding, with one over-one double-hung replacement windows. The main part of the building is capped by a wood cornice with a plain wide frieze. The building shares a chimney that has been parged, with the building to the north. A metal fire escape extends up the north side of the facade, from the second floor to the dormer window. - From the 2009 NYCLPC Landmark Designation Report.

awning window replacement parts
Similar posts:
blinds and shutters superstore
custom exterior window shutters
quest canopy company
mosquito net bed canopy
jamaica canopy tours
graber solar shades
door plantation shutter
slats blinds
awnings in motion
draperies curtains
Comments