Thread repair compound. How to repair my credit score. Home repair reviews
Thread Repair Compound
- a whole formed by a union of two or more elements or parts
- composed of more than one part; "compound leaves are composed of several lobes; "compound flower heads"
- (of a word) Made up of two or more existing words or elements
- Made up or consisting of several parts or elements, in particular
- (of interest) Payable on both capital and the accumulated interest
- intensify: make more intense, stronger, or more marked; "The efforts were intensified", "Her rudeness intensified his dislike for her"; "Pot smokers claim it heightens their awareness"; "This event only deepened my convictions"
- A long, thin strand of cotton, nylon, or other fibers used in sewing or weaving
- Cotton, nylon, or other fibers spun into long, thin strands and used for sewing
- weave: to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course; "the river winds through the hills"; "the path meanders through the vineyards"; "sometimes, the gout wanders through the entire body"
- pass a thread through; "thread a needle"
- a fine cord of twisted fibers (of cotton or silk or wool or nylon etc.) used in sewing and weaving
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- the act of putting something in working order again
thread repair compound - William H.
William H. Harvey Company 023028-48"ace" Tfe Paste Pipe Thread Compound 1 Oz - White
"ACE" TFE PASTE PIPE THREAD COMPOUND *Non-hardening *Slow setting *Lubricates, seals and prevents rust and corrosion on threaded pipes *For PVC, ABS, CPVC, polypropylene and nylon pipe *Use on water, steam, natural and LP gas, oils, fuels and dilute acids *For gases: withstands up to 3000 PSI and temps from -50F to +400F *For liquids: withstands up to 10,000 PSI and temps from -50F to +500F *White *Not for oxygen systems (See Ace No. 40973) *IAPMO approved *1 Fl Oz *Tube *Discovery CON, NBR, SUP, COR
Stripped Lathe Compound Bolts
These are T-bolts that fit inside a track under the 8x14 lathe's revolving rest. I repaired these by milling off the old threaded rod, drilling and tapping a 1/4"-20 hole and adding a proper length Socket Head Cap Screw. Its a better arrangement since the previous thread-stripping hex-nut was located a little too close to the cross slide and difficult to adjust.
The bolts were covered in anti-seize compound so the epoxy wouldn't stick to the threads. Here is the piece filled in with fast-cure epoxy.