Consisting of two separate receptions, one attatched to a balcony and having two comfortable sofa beds both converting into a double bed suitable for two. Both receptions have TV/Satelite and direct view overlooking the pyramids and the daily evening light show display.
A well distributed master bedroom and another sizeable room with two single beds. Both having storage space /wardrobe for hanging clothes and towels/linen which are provided. There is a washline outside the window togather with iron/board, if needed. However, just across the apt. there is a service for wash and drycleaning.
There is a large bathroom with bathtub, shower and WC. Also for conveniece to large groups there is a small separate WC.
A modern, spacious and fully equipped kitchen with all the conveniences of a home away from home.
THINGS TO DO DURING YOUR STAY IN CAIRO:
* The Great Pyramids: Visit not only the famous Great Pyramids of Giza, but also the stepped pyramid of Dahshur and the earliest Egyptian pyramid in Sakkara.
* Sound and Light Show: Experience the world famous Pyramids Sound and Light Show in Giza for a truly unforgettable evening of entertainment. Hear the story of Egypt as seen through the eyes of the Sphinx over the ages.
* Citadel: Look beyond the pyramids and pharaohs, and discover the Citadel of Salah el Din, Sultan Hassan and Khan el-Khalili.
* Cairo Museum: The second most frequently visited and certainly one of the most important attractions in Cairo is the Egyptian Museum. You will find the fabulous collection of King Tutankhamun and monuments from all periods of Egyptian history from the pre historic era to the Greco-Roman period.
* Pharaonic Village: Experience ancient Egypt like never before at The Pharaonic Village in Cairo. A great family-friendly activity during your Egyptian vacation, the Pharaonic Village is a living museum of ancient Egyptian life.
* Dream Park: Dreampark, the leading amusement Park in Egypt & the Middle East. The Park was established in 1999 and designed by Forrec, the international firm that designed Universal Studios and the Mall of America. Dreampark is a member of IAAPA ( International Association of Amusement Parks and attractions).
* Al- Azhar Park: Located in the heart of old historic Cairo and commanding stunning panoramic views of the world's most intriguing city
* Souk/Market Al-Khalil: It is famous for its unusual, typically oriental souvenirs, and handmade crafts. The Medieval atmospheres of this traditional market, together with the labyrinth layout of the streets
* Coptic Cairo: Discover the ancient sites and culture of Coptic Christians. Visit south Cairo's Coptic Museum to see the world's greatest collection of Coptic art. The Hanging Church, Monastery of St George and St Sergius and St Barbara churches are all in the same area. The Ben Ezra Synagogue is one of Egypt's oldest, and represents what remains of the Jewish community.
* Memphis and Sakkara: Located 24 km south of Cairo is the ancient city of Memphis. The main attraction in Memphis today is an open air museum with various Pharonic statues, the alabaster sphinx and the reclining statue of Ramses II. Most important to see at the Sakkara site is the stairs pyramid of king Djoser which was build 2650 BC. This wasn't only the first pyramid but also the first building made by stone in the whole world. Around the pyramid you will find a lot of graves.
* Cairo Tower: Located in the Gezira Island, this early '60s tower was built as a symbol of Nasserite Egypt, and has since become an important monument in Cairo. The top of the tower offers amazing views of Cairo and the Nile. The tower has a revolving restaurant, You have the option of having dinner in the tower's restaurant, or to be served a drink with snacks ...but that's not really what you're there for. Just enjoy the view and take some good pictures.
* Gezirah / Zamalek: Zamalek is a relatively affluent residential district of Cairo. Pseudo-European in culture, it occupies the northern half of the island of Gezira (Gezira means island), which is the large Nile river island at the heart of the Cairo Metropolis. Because Zamalek is relatively small, foot travel is easy once there.
*Opera House: It stands on the Gezira Island surrounded by other cultural centers: Museum of Egyptian Modern Arts, Nile Gallery, the Plastic Artists' Association and El Hangar Theatre. To see the opera, you must wear a neck tie, and ladies must wear formal.
but to see the galleries, it’s fine to be dressing casual.
* Alexandria: (2 ½ hours from Cairo), Egypt's second city, see historic relics in the Graeco-Roman Museum and visit the Roman Amphitheatre. Other places of interest include: 15th-century Fort Quait Bey built on the foundations of the long-gone Pharos Lighthouse, one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Barton C. Hartzell Jr
(Philadelphia, PA USA)
January 02, 2010
I spent my honeymoon with my wife in Egypt in this apartment. The apartment is very secure, spacious, amazing, and has an inspiring view. Our caretaker Hossam was very helpful when we first arrived, and called us from time to time to make sure that everything was well and that we were enjoying our stay. This apartment is very homey, and that is due to the accommidations. The people that lived in the apartment complex were very helpful. It is located conviently near one of the wonders of the world, and various cafe's, resturants, and shops. My wife and myself had an unforgettable experience staying here, and if we ever traveled to Egypt again, we would most definately stay here.
The Peters - New Zealand
December 21, 09
We thank you very much for letting us use your fantastic apartment it has absolutely everything we needed and traveling with 4 young children has been challenging tires but being here has been great. We made few use of the games for the kids and films & PlayStation has been great.
The apartment is in a fabulous position for visiting everything, the camel & horse rides to the pyramids was fabulous!
The view is beyond this world from the balcony and lights show was great every night.
Apartment was beautifully clean and comfortable and most of all Hossam has been a great help with, and hiring a car and speak English to people for things. He's a real treasure to have.
Word of advise to anyone staying on your first day take the address with you as being in a tuktuk with a driver who speaks no English trying to find the apartment is a nightmare! Found it though
Barbara - Aachen, Germany
December 15, 2009
We had a wonderful time staying @ your lovely apartment , the view of the pyramids from dawn to dusk is simply exquisite.
The apartment is a great place to stay if you want to get to know Giza and Cairo beyond the typical tourism stuff. The place is very clean and spacious and the view from the balcony towards the Giza pyramids is amazing. Though arriving in the middle of the night it was no problem getting into the apartment - we were welcomed by Lilians brother. He showed us our way around and he was very helpful. I can only recommend this apartment, it's a lovely place to stay and the contact to the owner Lilian was great. Thanks again for your support before our trip and during our stay in Giza!
Dar family. - London
September 02, 09
We throughly enjoyed our stay in cairo which was made easy & more pleasurable with the help & assistance of Hossam. Many thanks especialy to him.
P.s. home phone (Mobile) is a wonderful idea.
Many thanks + best wishes.
The Chouckry Family UK.
Ken & Angela Jones - Wales. UK.
March 21, 2009
Thanks for allowig us to stay at your beautiful apartment. It is very bit as good as the pictures on your website and more.
It is fantastic to be able to have breakfast while looking out at the wonder of the pyramids, an unforgetable view!
We cannot praise Sahar enough. She has been most helpful and patient when we have asked her to arrange transport etc. for sightseeing excursions, she has also helped us with advice on versions (translations) matters, and our holiday in Egypt would not have been as enjoyable without her.
Our visit to Cairo has been a very enlightening experience, and if we decide to come again, your apartment would be our 1st choice. Best wishes.
Ian, Val, Sara, & Josh - Cornwall, England.
March 11, 2009
Many thanks for a wonderful stay in Egypt, the apartment was absolutely first class, very spacious and clean.
we were all amazed at the wonderful view of the Pyramids and to have tea on the balcony in the evening was breathtaking. Sahar has been extremely helpful and made us all welcome on arrival, ordering taxis, giving directions to drivers on the phone and arranging a five o clock morning taxi to the airport, it could not possibly have been better.
My advice to anyone staying here is to go and meet all the local people who are so friendly, and try all the food dishes, We will definitely return.
Paul Mosquera - USA
January 03, 2009
Lilian's place is worth so much more than what she offers it for. The price is more than fair, the view is AMAZING, the apartment is big and the cleanliness is up to par. Everything was dust free, bug free and in its place. The décor is very modern and beautiful. The neighbors were great as well and were always willing to help me out. I felt very safe and secure around that neighborhood and people were very polite. Sahar is also amazing and very hospitable. The airline managed to lose our luggage and when the luggage was found, Sahar was willing to stay in the apartment and wait for the arrival of our luggage. Sahar also managed to book a taxi ride back to the airport at half the price most people were willing to charge us. I would highly recommend anyone to stay at their apartment. My experience at Lilian’s place exceeded my expectations! I can not thank Lilian enough!
Edith - Switzerland
October 07, 08
After the first days of my journey in Cairo, where I stayed in a very bad flat, it was like I had entered into an oasis. When I saw your apartment!, my mood changed from point zero to ten! Serious, I was feeling very well at your place. There are a lot of reasons. Of course, the view is gorgeous. The interior furnishing is very stylish and personal. Since the apartment is not beside a mainstreet it is not so noisy as it would be. I appreciated also the internet connection.