Day 1 AM
- Introductions – Sit where you like.
- Work AP 1 Practice Exam in groups - 1 hour answer all 50 MC questions.
- -20 minutes to check answers, consult with your neighbors about your assigned questions. Whole group discussion.
- Curriculum Framework Activity – BIs, EUs,
- The Audit
Day 1 PM
- Lab Session I
- -Lab Skills - using the TI-84 to plot and "linearize"
- -Choose 1 lab, try it out, produce a board/chart with your results and WOW
- P1 Content - Systems: Force, Energy, Momentum
- Pacing and Sequence of P1 (and P2)
- Group Work
Assignments – FR Questions
- Let me know today if you wish to opt out of promotional emails from Pasco, Vernier, Pearson.
rest of the sample FR. Feeling really ambitious? Begin working on HW 2.
Day 2 AM
Day 2 PM
- Lab Session II
- -Lab Skills - Uncertainty determination
- -Whole-group Lab: PVC Rotational Apparatus
- -Choose a second lab, try it out, produce a board/chart with your results and WOW
- P1 Content - Rotation II - Rotational Kinetic Energy,
Angular Momentum, Orbits
- Group Work
Assignments – Modifying Old Questions
working on your Pacing Guide: Consider number
of days of instruction, Units (title, brief list of subjects and objectives), dates,
labs (title and goal/purpose of lab) OR if adopting another syllabus COMPLETELY begin HW 3
Day 3 AM
- Grouping 3
- Tech Hours
- Discussion about HW
- Group Work: Question Transformation - Share and explain the question you created.
- P1 Content – More Mechanics; Waves and Oscillation; Gravitation; Circuits for P1
Day 3 PM
- Lab Session III
- -Whole class Lab: Poppers
- Group Work: Plan an Inquiry Activity: Title, Objectives (at least one LO, one SP),
Instructional Activities, Assessments
- Make and Take Session: Simple Motor and Speaker
Make a list
of everything you need to do to be ready for the fall. Be specific and
Day 4 AM
- Grouping 4 (sit wherever you like)
- -Share your top 3 most important items
- Writing in P1 - Choose an old FR question that you think has possibilities. Modify the word document to make it a writing question (either quantitative/qualitative translation OR paragraph-length explanation). Include on a separate page a complete answer and a scoring guideline.
- A look at P2
Day 4 PM
- Odds and Ends
- Participant Share Session
- Drawing for Door Prizes