The following questions concern the President's Quiz Tutorial of chapter 8, and should be answered after completing that tutorial. We'll discuss these in class, then you'll answer them formally on your portfolio.
0. What variables do you define for the President's Quiz app?
1. The app has a Next button but not a previous button to let the test taker go backwards. Sketch the blocks for the PreviousButton.Click event-handler (Assume you have a list variable QuestionList , and index QuestionIndex and a PreviousButton for the user to navigate through the questions.
2. Suppose you have an AnswerList variable with answers corresponding to each question, an AnswerTextBox in which the user enters an answer, an AnswerButton that the user clicks to submit the answer, and a StatusLabel where the app tells the user if they are right or wrong. Show the event handler for the AnswerButton.Click event so that the user is notified if they are right or wrong.
3. In the President's quiz tutorial of the book (chapter 8) how exact must a user's answer be to get it correct? How could you modify the app so that it "grades" more flexibly. To answer this question, check out the operations in the "Text" palette within the App Inventor blocks editor.
4. Explain how you would modify the app into a multiple choice quiz in which the user chooses from answer choices a-d.
5. Does the President's quiz have fixed data or user generated data? How useful is the app because of this. How could you fix this?