PAINTPOT DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
These discussion questions concern the PaintPot tutorial, chapter 2 of the App Inventor book, and the customizations specified here. Concepts include event-handlers, event parameters (arguments), and variables. For related reading, see chapter 2, 14 (app architecture) and 16 (an app's memory).
1. Sketch the event-handlers that are involved with lines being drawn a particular color.
2. In PaintPot, there are event parameters for some events. Name the events with event parameters and describe the data each parameter holds.
3. How are event parameters different than the function call parameters (e.g., Sound.Vibrate (500) ? Who specifies function parameters? Who specifies event parameters?
4. In the tutorial version of PaintPot you define a variable.
5. One customization of PaintPot involves using a Textbox for the dotsize. How is a textbox different from a variable? How is a textbox different from a label?