NOTE: this topic list will be modified for Spring 2012 midterm. Check back here....
This is an overview of the topics that will be covered on the midterm. See also a list of study questions.
What is App Inventor?
- Review this worksheet and notes and see solutions
Overall Architecture of an App (ch 14, 16, 18)
Programming Behaviors (tutorial chapters 1,2,3, manual 16,17, 18)
vs. Programmer (internal) view of an app
consist of properties
- Static view is roughly the “look” of the app (component designer)
- Internal View (Dynamic)
- An app's behavior is a set of event-handlers
Event and Response,
consists of a sequence of function calls
- perform phone functionality and
- response can
have conditional blocks
- programmer-defined functions (procedures)
- variables and properties, initial values, how they change
- labels and textboxes
- How do you remembering things?
- How do you increment data (x = x +1)
- Conditional blocks
- Clock.TimerInterval and Clock.TimerEnabled
- moving horizontally, vertically, diagonally
- moving from top-left corner to bottom-right corner.
- moving back and forth
- moving a particular speed
- smooth animation at a particular frames-per-second