Actually, I cannot afford an IPod, but I do have a low rent MP3 player that I load up with tunes, podcasts, etc. My 15-year-old son likes most of these songs and groups too -- what does that suggest about his tastes or mine?
My Current Faves
1. Hillsong: This is Our God (08).
2. POD: When Angels and Serpents Dance (08).
3. Flyleaf: check out the video of All Around Me -- passionate and very cool. There are multiple acoustic versions of their songs.
4. Falling Up: My favorite tune is Drago the Dragons, but I also love Helicopter, Guide to Marine Life, Hotel Aquarium, and Searchlights.
5. Delirious: Kingdom of Comfort (08) -- their best, in my opinion, since the Cutting Edge days that produced "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever," "Shout to the North," "Happy Song," etc.
Other notables: Red, Decyfer Down, Ivoryline, Brooke Frazier, Fee, Dizmas, Evanescence, Passion, Planetshakers, Krystal Myers.
July '08 Update: I have never listened to Switchfoot, but their song for the Prince Caspian movie ("This is Home") has intrigued us enough to give them a test-drive. My wife loves their songs from "A Walk to Remember," especially "Only Hope."
* I know this line is attributed to St. Augustine, but I have not been able to find it. If anyone knows where in Augustine this quote is found, please let me know.