1. What is the greatest allowed time between the testing of pressure relieving devices per API 510?
1. 5 years.
2. Pressure relief valves shall be tested at intervals that are frequent enough to verify that the valves perform reliably.
3. 10 years.
4. Pressure relief devices must be tested at every shutdown.
2. Who is responsible for the rerating calculations of a vessel?
1. The manufacturer or an owner-user engineer (or his designated representative).
2. The chief inspector and the unit engineer.
3. The API authorized inspector
4. A professional engineer only, is allowed to perform these calculations.
3. If the requirements of API 510 are met who determines if a temporary fillet weld patch may be used in a repair?
1. The API authorized inspector.
2. An engineer competent in pressure vessel design and the API authorized inspector.
3. A repair concern which holds a valid NBIC R stamp.
4. Any of the above.
4. The maximum carbon content of weldable steel per ASME Code is?
1. 0.35 %
2. 0.035 %
3. 0.0035 %
4. 3.5 %
5. Per API 510 what is the recommended shell temperature during a hydrostatic test of a vessel 1” thick?
1. 30 o F above ambient.
2. 65 o F above ambient.
3. 10 o F above MDMT.
4. 30 o F above testing liquids temperature.