posted Jan 3, 2011, 12:32 PM by Mark Arnold
updated Jan 21, 2011, 5:47 AM
PROPOSED AGENDA* Please review the notes from our meeting in December. There are several items we need to revisit as current items for this meeting.
UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- The Norm Report
- LDAP: Norm will send out an implementation plan to committee members.
Goal is that by the end of June, the LDAP will be up and all district tech assets accessible through it.
- District Website
Transfer of old site content should be complete this week. We will talk moving forward about school pages and the tech committee section of the site.
- FirstClass Training session
Talked about the importance of using the time on Feb. 1 to better organize and ask questions about administration and management that help us make FC more useful and productive for individuals, schools and district-wide.
Norm will finalize arrangements for the location of the session and communicate with participants.
- Cyberbullying & Digital Citizenship - MLTI Principal's Webinar (Dec. 15, 2010)
Preventing Cyberbullying in our Schools: What Educational Leaders Must Do - Principal’s Webinar (December 15, 2010)
Recordings: 4:00pm WebCast
Digital Citizenship in Maine Schools (December 9, 2010)
Recordings: 7:15pm WebCast
Data in Action: Results from the MLTI Fall Survey (December 14, 2010)
Recordings: 9:00am WebCast
Slides: View Download
- Tandberg - District Presentations and Trainings (Elaine, Mark)
- Elaine will be setting up the use of the Tandberg video conferencing bridge for a demo session of Gizmos - Math & Science Simulations. All Grade 3-12 in the district are invited to attend via the Tandberg (Tuesday, Jan. 11, 3:30-4:30)
- Mark is planning a Mac Basics (Tips & Tricks) session, to K-12 staff members via the Tandberg video conferencing bridge. The session will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 12 from 3:00-4:30 (session was rescheduled for Jan. 19 due to school closing on Jan. 12 - See MacBook Magic resource page, view recording of the session).
- SimpleK12 Pilot (Science)
- February 4th, 8:00 AM @ the Supt. Office., Rick will lead session, Elaine will set up accounts for all Middle School Science staff.
- FirstClass Email Groups (Standardizing & Managing Groups)
- Need to select person responsible for Global Mail Lists (management upkeep)
- Develop a protocol for naming and managing lists
- FirstClass Training (Questions people would like answered)
- Essential Standards - Work Day (technology integrators, curriculum, assessment) * Technology Use Survey
- District software, asset assessment & evaluation process (create smaller team to come up with draft & present to committee)