DEMILUNE CONSOLE TABLE. CORNER DINING ROOM TABLES. FOLDING WOODEN CARD TABLE.
Demilune Console Table
- (Console Tables) Tables made for fixing against a wall and having no legs at the back. They came into fashion early in the eighteenth century, and were made often in pairs.
- A table meant to be displayed against a wall. It may be attached to the wall with only two front legs or freestanding on four legs.
- a small table fixed to a wall or designed to stand against a wall
- A table supported by ornamented brackets, either movable or fixed against a wall
- A type of crescent-shaped table or commode, commonly placed against the wall. Sometimes referred to as “half moon.”
- 1) A smaller version of a Lunette; 2) A Crescent or half-moon shaped outer work to protect a fort s curtain wall or bastion.
- Literally, half-moon; a smaller table shaped in a half circle, the flat side intended to back against a wall, as with the console. A flip top with pull out support opens the table top into a full circle.
demilune console table - Granite Top
Granite Top Demilune Console Table (Pecan) (30"H x 32"W x 11"D)
This Granite Top Console Table combines modern and traditional elements, offering a truly elegant piece for the home. The solid birch base features a subdued pecan finish which is contrasted beautifully by a sparkling black granite top. No longer just for the kitchen, let granite make a statement in other areas of the house. Use this sofa table in the living room, or in the hall or entryway for place to display collectibles and rest your keys after a long day at work. Matching Granite Side Table available. Assembly level/degree of difficulty: Easy.
Back on the west end of the moat is the point that the demilune comes to. Nearby is a sign that warns and informs about alligators. Adult alligators average six to twelve feet in length. Feeding on fish, birds and even whole turtles, alligators live in swampy areas in the southeastern U.S. The female lays eggs in a large nest made from marsh grasses and mud. Heat produced from the rotting vegetation incubates the eggs. Alligators are wild creatures; do not attempt to touch or feed.
We're still looking for a nice console table (a demilune, perhaps) for the wall to the right of this one, but at least there's something on those walls now. World Market was having a sale on posters - 75% off! So with the frame and everything, this 24" x 36" print was $35.