ANTIQUE OAK DROP LEAF TABLE. BUY DINING ROOM TABLES
Antique Oak Drop Leaf Table
- a hinged leaf on a table that can be raised and supported by a bracket
- A type of table having a hinged leaves that hang vertically when not in use, allowing for saved space. The leaves are supported by brackets, when raised, which enlarges the usuable surface of the tabletop.
- A hinged table leaf
- A hinged extension flap to a table, dropping vertically when not in use, which can be supported horizontally by a swing leg, a fly bracket or a loper. It's often made using a rule joint, but may be a butt.
- A collectible object such as a piece of furniture or work of art that has a high value because of its considerable age
- shop for antiques; "We went antiquing on Saturday"
- made in or typical of earlier times and valued for its age; "the beautiful antique French furniture"
- old-timer: an elderly man
- Postpone consideration of
- a set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1"
- a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table"
- postpone: hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
- Present formally for discussion or consideration at a meeting
- the hard durable wood of any oak; used especially for furniture and flooring
- a deciduous tree of the genus Quercus; has acorns and lobed leaves; "great oaks grow from little acorns"
- An Oak is a tree or shrub in the genus Quercus (; Latin "oak tree"), of which about 600 species exist on earth. "Oak" may also appear in the names of species in related genera, notably Lithocarpus.
- A smoky flavor or aroma characteristic of wine aged in barrels made from this wood
- A tree that bears acorns as fruit, and typically has lobed deciduous leaves. Oaks are common in many north temperate forests and are an important source of hard and durable wood used chiefly in construction, furniture, and (formerly) shipbuilding
antique oak drop leaf table - Antique Style
Antique Style Solid Oak Drop Leaf Dining Table
This antique style drop leaf dining table was recently hand-made in England from solid oak by a third-generation cabinetmaker. Using Old World methods, this table exhibits the highest quality construction that can be found in furniture making today. The selection of solid oak displays a striking grain and rich, lustrous complexion, complemented by a lovely border of yew banding and a hand-distressed, spokeshaven (or hand-planed) surface. Spokeshaving is an old furniture-making technique that English craftsmen have been using for many centuries, extending far back before sanding became popular alongside this ancient, time-honored technique. The sturdy legs shown are a classic barley twist but can be ordered in a variety of types, including round turned, square-tapered, French and twist, while the skirt on either table end is shaped quite beautifully.The great advantage of the English drop leaf dining table--also known as a loper table or Irish wake table--is that the leaves drop down to the sides for easy movement, storage, and versatile utility. Whether used in dining, as a sideboard or a hall table, this table offers three useful positions: both leaves up, one leaf up, and both leaves down. This strong drop leaf table will last for centuries, continuing to grow more beautiful all the while, so taking one of these English tables home with you would be a real investment!
Dimensions: 84" wide x 60" deep x 31" high
Oak Drop-Leaf Table
$298 - c.early 1900's Dealer #30 Oak Drop-Leaf Table 38" long x 31" tall x 22.5" (with leaves down/49" with leaves up)
Antique oak drop-leaf table & chairs
dimensions: Both leaves work great. One seat needs replacement. $200 for the set. Delivery available for $50 in Los Angeles area.
antique oak drop leaf table
This beautiful antique style mahogany pedestal drop leaf dining table was crafted in England around 1950. Over the years, the mahogany has developed a lovely patina that contributes to its rich grain and lustrous complexion, which should only continue to grow more beautiful with time. The satinwood string inlay along the pedestal table top forms a lovely and subtle complement to the mahogany, while fluting along the legs and brass panther feet make for an elegant display. Because this pedestal table is also a drop leaf table, it is very versatile, perfect as a side table, hall table, serving table or dining table. The convenient pedestal design also means that this drop leaf table has a sturdy base and legs that are not too intrusive. Other than minor surface wear consistent with age, this pedestal table is in great cosmetic condition, while the structural integrity of the table is not as pristine as it once was, resulting in a slight wobble when the leaves are raised; the leaves also do not support a great deal of weight. Nevertheless, this pedestal drop leaf table would make a fine addition to any home or office furniture collection!
Dimensions: 58" wide x 36" deep x 29" high