Saarinen end table. Dining table protective pads. Square dining room table sets
Saarinen End Table
- (End tables) are small tables typically placed beside couches or armchairs. Often lamps will be placed on an end table.
- (End tables) Usually bought in pairs, they accent the style of the coffee table or other furniture. Usually placed at the end of the sofa, it is a very important piece of a living room set.
- A table is a type of furniture comprising an open, flat surface supported by a base or legs. It may be used to hold articles such as food or papers at a convenient or comfortable height when sitting, and is therefore often used in conjunction with chairs.
- United States architect (born in Finland) (1910-1961)
- Eero (1910–61); the son of Eliel. He designed the Memorial Arch in St. Louis 1948 and the US Embassy in London 1955–60
- The name of a family of US architects, born in Finland
- Eliel (1873–1950); full name Gottlieb Eliel Saarinen. He designed the Cranbrook Academy of Art in Michigan and served as its president 1932–48
- Finnish architect and city planner who moved to the United States in 1923; father of Eero Saarinen (1873-1950)
saarinen end table - Knoll 16
Knoll 16 Saarinen Round Side Table
The Saarinen 16-Inch Round Side Table is constructed from molded, cast aluminum polished and coated in a tough, abrasion-resistant rilsan finish. Available in wood, laminate, coated and natural marble and natural granite top finishes, in a wide range of colors. The base finish is available in White, Black or Platinum.Note that marble tops are offered in two finishes: standard Polished or Satin. In 2011, KnollStudio introduced a Satin polyester finish available on all marbles (with the exception of White Extra). The satin finished marble creates a matte sheen that gives the top a natural honed appearance while offering the same protective qualities as the Polished polyester coated marble finish.
CreatorVan Dijk, Peter (original construction) Modified Quadrangle Original/Historic Name: J. J. Mullen Academic Building, Dauby Science Center, and Ralph M. Besse Library View: general view Date1964-1988, original construction Function: 1966-present (2007), master plan (campus) Function: 1966-present (2007), outdoor space (quad) LocationPepper Pike, Cuyahoga, OH DescriptionBuilding group type: the main campus buildings form a quadrangle that is decidedly modern in style. The architect envisioned a village-like environment for the campus. The isometric ‘U’ shape of the Mullen Building creates an ‘outdoor room’ within the courtyard. The irregular shape and arrangement of the buildings make for an irregular quadrangle. It is possible to walk from the south to the north end of the quad via a series of interconnecting hallways and/or breezeway. A covered breezeway at the north end of the quad connects Besse with Dauby and the O’Brian Athletic Center. Additions to existing buildings and the most recently constructed facility, the Pilla Learning Center, link the quad (with its academic, administrative, and athletic functions) with the dormitories, the Wasmer Art Gallery, and Daley Dining Hall. Ideas associated with building group: In addition to the structures which house classrooms and labs, Ursuline College's physical environment reflects a greater commitment to the whole person's intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being. The green spaces and vista of the lake from the main quadrangle convey a sense of peace and offer an opportunity for reflection and contemplation, a core value inherited from the founders, the Ursuline Sisters of Cleveland. The building group that makes up the modified quadrangle is the academic hub of the campus, with classrooms, the library, the chapel, various student services, the gymnasium, and the fitness center. These are physical manifestations of the coherent holistic approach we offer to our students. Relationship to landscape: From Lander Road, the main administrative building presents as a long, low, two-story building. A large modernist sculpture of St. Angela Merici, the founder of the Order of St. Ursula and a leader in the education of women, sits in a grassy area formed by a circular driveway. This piece, and a second one entitled Leading into the Light located inside the quad, were sculpted by Norman Poirier. The quadrangle is reached through a breezeway that interrupts the second floor of Mullen, a result of nestling the building into the topography of the land. There are offices above the breezeway and in the student services area on the first floor. The interior quad contains a series of walking paths, picnic tables, benches, and a patio area with tables, chairs, and umbrellas at the north end of the area. A series of steps at the south end of the quad addresses the difference in elevation as the land slopes toward the lake. Founded by the sisters of the Order of St. Ursula in 1871, Ursuline College received its charter from the state of Ohio and is acknowledged as the first women's college in the state. Situated on a 112-acre campus in a rural suburb east of Cleveland, the Pepper Pike site is the fifth home of the college. Previously located at four urban sites in Cleveland, the opening of the campus in 1966 ushered in a new era. .The campus and its buildings were designed by Peter van Dijk, a well-known architect whose designs in northern Ohio include the Blossom Music Center, the Akron Art Museum, the E. J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall, and the newest addition to the Cleveland Museum of Art and the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. Van Dijk is a modernist who studied with Buckminster Fuller and worked under Eero Saarinen before coming to Cleveland. His belief that modern architecture must absorb and give meaning to modern materials and give form and meaning to a contemporary situation is illustrated in the design of the buildings on the Ursuline College campus. Mindful of the college's history and its mission to educate women, Van Dijk held that a modern campus with 'honest' buildings would facilitate the creation of new traditions. He and his firm designed all the buildings on campus with the exception of the most recently completed Pilla Student Center.Four units of the first building phase opened in 1966 and included the three-story brick Mullen Academic Building, the Dauby Science Center, Grace Residence Hall, and Fritzsche Student Center. The buildings in the quad were designed and sited to take advantage of the natural views in the landscape. Fitting purposefully within the topography of the land, the U-shape of the quadrangle opens to the lake, and the buildings adjust to the slope of the ground through varying heights. In 1968, the Mullen building received an Award of Merit from the Architects Society of Ohio and the American Institute of Architects in the category of administration and classroom buildings; the following year it won the Arch
Saarinen tulip table for sale
We toured the Alden B. Dow home on Wednesday (it was AMAZING), and though you couldn't take pix on the tour, I did get a photo of this table in the gift shop. (Isn't it funny how on these things they always end at the gift shop?) It belonged to Alden and his wife Vada. The price was 7K, which seems pretty fair considering a new one would cost that much and this one is vintage and has some serious provenance.
saarinen end table
The Womb chair, with its matching ottoman, was designed in 1948, part of Saarinen's breakthrough seating collection. The Womb's steel rod base and polished-chrome finish, combined with its frame upholstered in fabric-all covering a fiberglass shell, highlights Saarinen's brilliant design aesthetic and his architectural skills. The Womb Chair and Ottoman is a classic design, and one of the most comfortable chairs to lounge in. It envelops you in such a way that you feel completely relaxed. The Womb Chair features a stainless steel base and is made upholstered in wool material. This is a High quality replica of the original Eero Saarinen Womb Chair. Brand new and will ship within 24 hours! 30 day 100% money back guarantee!