Shabby Chic Christmas Decor : Ideas For Decorating Homes.
Shabby Chic Christmas Decor
- Shabby chic is a form of interior design where furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their age and signs of wear and tear or new items are distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique.
- Accessible, affordable, comfortable and eclectic, this popular style features white painted furniture, painted motifs, muted colors, slipcovers and vintage fabrics.
- a casual and relaxed design where furniture and accessories are chosen for their aged, weathered look. Antiques, thrift store finds, and slipcovers in neutral colors are commonly used in this theme.
- period extending from Dec. 24 to Jan. 6
- The annual Christian festival celebrating Christ's birth, held on December 25 in the Western Church
- a Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Christ; a quarter day in England, Wales, and Ireland
- The period immediately before and after December 25
- "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" is a song by Darlene Love from the 1963 Christmas compilation album, A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector.
- The style of decoration of a room, building
- Interior design is a multi-faceted profession in which creative and technical solutions are applied within a structure to achieve a built interior environment.
- The decoration and scenery of a stage
- interior decoration: decoration consisting of the layout and furnishings of a livable interior
- The furnishing and decoration of a room
shabby chic christmas decor - Item 05114
Item 05114 Shabby Chic Pink Roses Christmas Sign
All Fairy Freckles Studios products are made in the USA. Signs, plaques and decor items are made from 1/4 inch wood MDF. Dimensionally cut-out plaques are made from 1/8 inch wood MDF. Some designs hang, others stand. If item is pictured with a ribbon hanger, the ribbon color and pattern may vary from that shown based on availability. Check key product features for specific on each item. Measurements are approximate. Copyright watermark symbols do not appear on actual product. We recommend indoor use only. Our signs and plaques make lasting and treasured gifts. Browse our entire inventory for additional and related products.
*Shabby Chic is a design style deliberately using worn and deteriorated items. The end result of shabby chic is to achieve an elegant overall effect, as opposed to the sentimentally cute 'pop-victorian.' Neither is it an expression of caring for Mother Earth values through recycling, even though recycling old furniture and fabrics is an important aspect of it. Shabby chic items are often heavily painted with many layers showing through obviously worn areas. Whites and pastels are favorite colors because they have sense of freshness that balances the worn shabbiness. Decorators need to be aware of the lead content in many pieces termed shabby chic, as lead based paint was standard in the past, when 'lead white' paint was both plentiful and inexpensive. Many stylings may be used, based on the French Provincial/Country Home look. Pastel, particularly pink and white or green and white stripes are a must. The term was coined by interior designer Rachel Ashwell who founded a company by that name. (www.wikipedia.org) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Found it near Offenbach, harbour
Shabby Chic Christmas Bazaar 2008
The Shabby Chic Christmas Bazaar officially opens today. Designers from all over Second Life have put their Christmas Products out in one place for you to see. You can find Christmas Clothing, Jewelry, Home Decor, Lights, Garlands, Wreathes in a fun environment. Many of the Christmas Markets will not have some of these designers. I went searching not only for mainstream Christmas Designers, but some unknowns, and some unique designers. There are a few surprises - so make sure you take a peek in every shop! Its also the official first event of our new area. Most of the land will be turned into an events area after the Bazaar for classes and shows. I am lucky enough to have Zinnia Zauber, a friend and designer bringing her special brand of inspiration to the new area after Christmas. So Please stop by, and support the merchants of SL - if you like their things - you can teleport to their main store.