HIGH END FURNITURE DEALERS : FURNITURE DEALERS

High end furniture dealers : Best price patio furniture

High End Furniture Dealers


high end furniture dealers
    furniture
  • Small accessories or fittings for a particular use or piece of equipment
  • Furniture is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above the ground, or to store things.
  • A person's habitual attitude, outlook, and way of thinking
  • furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
  • Large movable equipment, such as tables and chairs, used to make a house, office, or other space suitable for living or working
  • Furniture + 2 is the most recent EP released by American post-hardcore band Fugazi. It was recorded in January and February 2001, the same time that the band was recording their last album, The Argument, and released in October 2001 on 7" and on CD.
    high end
  • (High Ends) A misalignment of can body edges equal to 1/32" or more.
  • In economics, a luxury good is a good for which demand increases more than proportionally as income rises, in contrast to a "necessity good", for which demand is not related to income.
  • Denoting the most expensive of a range of products
  • Most sophisticated or expensive; Appealing to sophisticated or discerning tastes
    dealers
  • A person who buys and sells shares, securities, or other financial assets as a principal (rather than as a broker or agent)
  • A person who buys and sells drugs
  • (dealer) trader: someone who purchases and maintains an inventory of goods to be sold
  • (dealer) a seller of illicit goods; "a dealer in stolen goods"
  • (dealer) a firm engaged in trading
  • A person or business that buys and sells goods

Bertine Block (East 138th Street)
Bertine Block (East 138th Street)
Mott Haven, The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States INTRODUCTION The Bertine Block Historic District consists of thirty-one residential buildings lining both sides of East 136th Street between Willis Avenue and Brown Place in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx. Within the boundaries of the district are four groups of rowhouses and two groups of tenements. Erected between 1877 and 1899, the buildings reflect the history of real estate development in the southwestern portion of the Bronx. The buildings in the historic district comprise fine examples of neo-Grec, Queen Anne, Romanesque 1 Revival, and Renaissance Revival design, illustrating the stylistic trends in residential architecture in New York City in the final three decades of the nineteenth century. Mott Haven was one of the few areas of the Bronx to attract nineteenth-century speculative developers interested in constructing rowhouses. Much of this construction occurred following the opening of transit lines connecting this area to Manhattan. With this transit link, Mott Haven became a convenient location drawing middle-class families who sought to purchase single-family rowhouses. Development in the district began in 1877, prior to the inception of mass transit, with the construction of three modest rowhouses, designed in the popular neo-Grec style. Most of the buildings in the district, however, were not erected until the 1890s. This development was largely the result of construction by Edward Bertine, the most active builder within the historic district. Bertine built three of the district's four rows, including the so-called "Bertine Block," an exceptional row of Queen Anne houses designed by prominent Manhattan architect George Keister. By the end of the nineteenth century, multiple dwellings, including tenements and apartment houses, had become i he most common type of housing erected in the Bronx. The historic district contains eight "Old Law" tenements, erected in two groups in 1897-99. With their facades ornamented with Renaissance-inspired detail and their apartments laid out as railroad flats, the buildings typify tenement construction planned for working-class families of the era. The early residents of the rowhouses and tenements in the historic district represent a cross section of the population that came to settle in the Bronx in the late nineteenth century. Residents were American-born as w< ll as immigrants. The rowhouses were purchased by middle-class people, including many professionals, some of whom commuted to work in Manhattan and others who had jobs in nearby offices and factories. The apartments in the tenements tended to be rented to laborers, shop workers, and professionals earning lower incomes. The buildings of the historic district retain their architectural integrity to a high degree and survive today as a reflection of the character of Bronx architecture in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, when the Mott Haven area was being developed, and as a physical manifestation of the variety of people, from varied ethnic and national backgrounds, who have lived, and continue to live, in this neighborhood. HISTORICAL AND ARCHITECTURAL INTRODUCTION The Bertine Block Historic District is located in Mott Haven, one of the earliest neighborhoods in the Bronx to become urbanized. Land in Mott Haven was part of the original purchase made in 1641 by Danish immigrant Jonas Bronck, the first European to settle in the Bronx and, o:: course, the namesake of the borough. In 1670 Colonel Lewis Morris and his brother, Captain Richard Morris, purchased Bronck's property. The English-born Morrises had both been officers in Oliver Cromwell's army; upon the restoration of Charles II they had moved to Barbados. Richard Morris came :o New York in 1668, prior to the land purchase. He died in 1772 and one year later Lewis Morris iirrived in New York. Lewis held the land in trust for Richard's son, Lewis, who inherited 1,920 acres in 1691. The second Lewis Morris became the first lord of the manor of Morrisania, receiving a royal patent on May 8, 1697. The land descended through several generations of illustrious Morrises, including tit e fourth Lewis Morris (known as Lewis Morris II), a signer of the Declaration of Independence. Morrisania (including today's neighborhoods of Morrisania, Melrose, Mott Haven, and Port Morris) was located within Westchester County, which was formed in 1683 undix an English charter. For a brief period in the late eighteenth century (1788-1791), Morrisania w is one of twenty-one townships within that county. The sparsely settled region became a town because the fourth Lewis Morris hoped that the "healthfulness and salubrity" of the area would persuade tlie federal government to establish the nation's capital in Morrisania. This effort failed and Morrisania became a part of the town of Westchester. For many decades, Morrisania remained rural, dotted by ti
Broad Weir - Castle Mill Street - BS1 Map - 1937
Broad Weir - Castle Mill Street - BS1 Map - 1937
Broad Weir Bristol - Before the Blitz - 1937 Broad Weir Summary Broad Weir ran from the junction of Merchant Street and Castle Mill Street with a very gentle rise to the junction of Philadelphia Street and Lower Castle Street. It took its name from a weir on the River Frome, this being near the site of a ducking stool which was on the north bank of the river. Today the river flows under the roadway of Broad Weir. The street numbers of the buildings ran consecutively along the north side (Nos 1-20). On the south side the buildings were not numbered and much of this side was the old castle wall covered by advertising hoardings. Double tramlines ran along Broad Weir, going into Merchant Street and Lower Castle Street at either end. At the junction with Lower Castle Street, on the south side was a crude, narrow, whitewashed men's urinal, open to the elements. The site of the Gem Cinema at 6-7 Broad Weir was badly damaged in December 1940 and Nos 19 and 20 were destroyed on 28 August 1942 — all other buildings in Broad Weir survived the Second World War. Broad Weir still exists today, but all the buildings which survived have been demolished - the north side was rebuilt as shops in 1957 and still exist today (this is when Philadelphia Street disappeared, Penn Street widened and Lower Castle Street straightened). The south side is now a high wall forming the edge of Castle Park. 1-2 A.E. Chinnock Ltd - Furniture Retailers This company also had premises at 4—5 Broad Weir. 3 Samuel John Money Restaurant 4-5 A.E. Chinnock Ltd - Furniture Retailers This company also had premises at 1-2 Broad Weir. 6-7 Vacant (Gem Cinema) This building was the site of the Gem Cinema. It was originally called Broad Weir Hall (which in 1908 was used for religious services and had a billiard room and soup kitchen) and in 1909 it was refurbished and renamed Gem Cinema, the proprietors being The Gem Electric Theatre. - The cinema had 1,200 seats, the main entrance being on Broad Weir. There was a side entrance to the gallery in Merchant Street —along an alley next to a newsagents shop and up a flight of external iron steps. It was one of several 'flea pits' in Bristol - you came out with more than you went in! Young ladies played the piano and violin between films and young boys dropped apple cores from the gallery, aiming at the heads of patrons below! The cinema closed in 1932 and the building was used for boxing. In the 1930s unlicensed boxing shows were frequently held in Bristol and many mismatches occurred. One such bout held at the Gem will be long remembered — on 12 February 1934 a scheduled six-round fight for a purse often shillings (50p) involved fourteen-year-old Jimmy Cooper whose opponent was eight years his senior. In the second round Jimmy threw a punch and, as his foot slipped, he fell and caught his chin on the canvas. The impact broke his neck and he probably died before being moved from the ring. His funeral brought Bristol to a standstill - the service was at the Dockland Settlement and the procession led to Avonview Cemetery at St George. The premises closed for public use in 1936 and was intermittently used as a store until it was blitzed on 6/7 December 1940. The remaining shell of the building was demolished in 1957. 8 F. Brown & Sons - Cabinetmakers This building was used as a store - F. Brown & Sons had their main premises at 12 Narrow Wine Street. 9-12 W.H. Vowles & Sons Ltd (Eagle Brush Works) Brushmakers This building survived the war and Vowles occupied it until its demolition for redevelopment of the area. 13 Percy Daniell - Baker These premises had a bakery on site and supplied many local shops. Ashes from the fires which heated the ovens were constantly disposed of by dropping them through a manhole to the river below, despite several warnings from the local authority not to do so! Between Nos 13 and 14 Broad Weir was an archway and passage to the Friends Meeting House in Quakers Friars. 14 John Caines & Son Basketmakers 15 Broad Weir Metal & Wool Co. - Metal Merchants 16 Broad Weir Fish Restaurant Fried Fish Dealer (Proprietor: R. Gooding) 17 G.P. Elliott (Bristol) Ltd - Timber Merchants This company was established in 1911 18 The Old Crown - Public House Landlord: Frank Summerall - Brewery: Simmonds - The original building on this site was built in the seventeenth century and rebuilt in 1906. 19 Taylor Brothers (Bristol) Ltd - Printers and lithographers This building was built in 1624 and Taylor Bros moved here in 1879 (this company was established in 1866 at premises in Baldwin Street). It was destroyed following an air raid on 28 August 1942, when Taylor Bros temporarily moved to 17 Philadelphia Street. In 1955 they moved to premises in Wilder Street; the company is still trading from this site today. 20 Mrs E.L. Herring - Greengrocers Merchant Venturers Technical College This four-storey building was built in 1896 and was initially u

high end furniture dealers
Comments