WOOD BLOCK SIDE TABLE - WALNUT BREAKFAST TABLE.
Wood Block Side Table
- woodcut: engraving consisting of a block of wood with a design cut into it; used to make prints
- A block of wood, esp. one from which woodcut prints are made
- A hollow wooden block used as a percussion instrument
- A woodblock is essentially a small piece of slit drum made from a single piece of wood and used as a percussion instrument. It is struck with a stick, making a characteristically percussive sound.
- A print made in such a way
- (Wood blocks) Wood cubes that are hollowed out to create a certain tone. Wood blocks are percussion instruments that can be played in all styles of music; however the yare most popular in Latin music. The sounds of wood blocks change depending on the size and thickness of the blocks.
- Any table designed to stand against a wall.
- A table placed at the side of a room or apart from the main table
- Small accent table used for display, which is usually placed either against a wall or aside from the principal table. (See table)
- Any table built with the intention of displaying only one side. Side table normally have one unfinished side that is meant to be placed against a wall or another piece of furniture. They are often semi-circular or rectangular in shape.
wood block side table - Groovy Stuff
Groovy Stuff Teak Wood Pyramid Block Side Table - Tf-784
Groovy Stuff Teak Wood Pyramid Block Side Table - TF-784. TF-784. Patio Side & End Tables. The Groovy Stuff Teak Wood Pyramid Block Side Table - TF-784. The Teak Wood Pyramid Block Side Table combines the rich colors and beauty of ancient Teak Wood with a rustic earthy look to provide unique patio furniture which looks great in any contemporary or western setting. Made for indoor or outdoor use, the Groovy Stuff line is as much a work of art as it is a beautiful, organic, vintage furniture piece. DUE TO THE UNIQUE CRAFTING, THIS ITEM MAY VARY IN SHAPE AND COLOR. Dimensions (in inches): 16 W x 16 D x 18 H.
Table Lg TB Detail 9
This is some detail of the feet and pedestal of my “Large Tumbling Block” table. The 3 pictures show how the pattern goes over the edge and seems to change compared to the adjoining side. Opposite sides of the pedestal are the same, adjoining sides are different corresponding to the pattern going over the edge of the table from the top. It gives a different look to each foot on the table. The design does have a continuity going to the adjoining side of either the pedestal or edge of the table. The pattern on table is the “Tumbling Block” quilt pattern. The table stands 30” tall and is 47 1/4” wide and 54 ?” long. There are almost 6000 pieces on the entire table. The pieces are used over the edge and onto the pedestal and feet of the table. The table is finished in its natural color with 6 or 8 coats of varnish. After the varnish hardens for at least a month, I level it and buff it to a high shine. The pieces are a bit over 3/16" thick, glued onto a Baltic Birch base, so they hold up much better than a thin veneer. The pattern has the illusion of a lot of blocks but there are as many stars as there are blocks. The design forces you to see the blocks. On each diamond, if you go to the side you are in the middle of a block. At each point you are in the middle of a star that has 6 points. The type of wood is listed on the bottom of the table usually from the center out but on this pattern all 3 kinds of wood are equally close to the center. On this table the light wood is “Ash”, the dark wood is “Walnut” and the other is “Oak”, all from Missouri. I made this table in 2000 and got it finished in 2001. It is large table number 11. On the bottom I signed it, listed the wood, dated it and put the number of the table.
Tiny Tumbling Block Pattern Weight 3
This is a Tiny “Tumbling Block” quilt pattern. It works good as a pattern or paperweight. It is made using diamonds and triangles from different kinds of wood, all in their natural colors. There are 12 pieces on this block, all full size. There is 1 star and 6 half stars, and 6 blocks. At the side of each diamond is the middle of a block. At the point of each diamond is the middle of a star with 6 points. It measures 2 7/8” across. To finish them, I use 5 or 6 coats of a clear wiping varnish, rubbed in by hand The three pictures show the different look the one pattern weight can have as you lay it down different ways. The type of wood is listed on the bottom from the center out. On this quilt block the wood is “Hackberry”, “Oak”, and “Walnut” from Missouri. On the bottom I signed it, listed the wood, and dated it. After the date, the words “Foot Cut” let you know I made it on a foot powered table saw.
wood block side table
Groovy Stuff Square Bahamas Teak Wood Block Side Table - TF-632. TF-632. Tables. The Groovy Stuff Square Bahamas Teak Wood Block Side Table - TF-632. The Teak Wood Bahamas Block Game Table combines the rich colors and beauty of ancient Teak Wood with a rustic earthy look to provide unique patio furniture which looks great in any contemporary or western setting. Made for indoor or outdoor use, the Groovy Stuff line is as much a work of art as it is a beautiful, organic, vintage furniture piece. DUE TO THE UNIQUE CRAFTING, THIS ITEM MAY VARY IN SHAPE AND COLOR. Dimensions (in inches): 14 W x 14 D x 18 H.