Granite coffee tables : Rustic breakfast table
Granite Coffee Tables
- A low table, typically placed in front of a sofa
- While any small and low table can be, and is, called a coffee table, the term is applied particularly to the sets of three or four tables made from about 1790; of which the latter were called 'quartetto tables'.
- something having the quality of granite (unyielding firmness); "a man of granite"
- Used in similes and metaphors to refer to something very hard and impenetrable
- A very hard, granular, crystalline, igneous rock consisting mainly of quartz, mica, and feldspar and often used as a building stone
- plutonic igneous rock having visibly crystalline texture; generally composed of feldspar and mica and quartz
- Granite is a common and widely occurring type of intrusive, felsic, igneous rock. Granites usually have a medium to coarse grained texture. Occasionally some individual crystals (phenocrysts) are larger than the groundmass in which case the texture is known as porphyritic.
This is actually 2 tables put together then my husband put a piece of plywood on top to attach the two. We did our mosaic with granite and travertine tile.
From the Kate shoot. Strobist: Alienbees ABR800 camera left at 1/4 power shot through an umbrella. Canon Speedlite 430EXII pointed up camera right.