Antique English Tables - Staples Folding Tables - Glass Topped Side Table.
Antique English Tables
- shop for antiques; "We went antiquing on Saturday"
- made in or typical of earlier times and valued for its age; "the beautiful antique French furniture"
- A collectible object such as a piece of furniture or work of art that has a high value because of its considerable age
- old-timer: an elderly man
- of or relating to or characteristic of England or its culture or people; "English history"; "the English landed aristocracy"; "English literature"
- the people of England
- an Indo-European language belonging to the West Germanic branch; the official language of Britain and the United States and most of the commonwealth countries
- Of or relating to England or its people or language
- Postpone consideration of
- (table) a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table"
- Present formally for discussion or consideration at a meeting
- (table) a set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1"
- (table) postpone: hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
antique english tables - Elegant Table
Elegant Table Linens: From Weil & Durrs Including Wilendur (Schiffer Book for Collectors)
This beautiful book is the first to exclusively present what many agree are the very best of vintage household linens, the products of the Weil & Durrs Company of New York City, from the 1920s to 1984. Their Wilendur and other brands reign above others in the collecting world for good reason. The bold and beautifully executed patterns stand out as art of the highest quality. Their inks and dyes, as well as their base fabrics, were exceptional. This book provides a brief history of the Weil and Durrs Company and descriptive text for over 250 different tablecloths in 120 printed designs. 425 color photographs display exquisite floral tablecloths, napkins, placemats, curtains, towels, aprons, and handcrafted items. This fascinating and important book is for professional textile designers, historians, dealers, and collectors alike.
Antique Broadwood English Table Grand Piano
This very faded writing once read, "John Broadwood & Sons" "Makers to His Majesty and the Princesses"
Antique Broadwood English Table Grand Piano
Candlelabras are set on the top and are not a part of the piano.
antique english tables
What could be cozier on a blustery winter's day than a mug of tea by the fire with freshly baked Irish soda bread slathered with sweet butter and tangy orange marmalade? Or more invigorating on a crisp, cool afternoon in autumn than a picnic in the country with sharp English cheeses; crusty white peasant bread; vegetable, cheese, and apple tarts; and Thermoses of steaming warm tea? Or a better way to celebrate the ripe berries of summer than a dessert party tea in the garden with lemon-curd tartlets, raspberry shortcake, raspberry sorbet, sugar cookies, and tea served in flowered china cups?
A cookbook and style book, Having Tea includes a range of stunning locations with recipes, menus, table settings, and serving ideas for tea. There are formal and elegant teas that ring in the winter holidays with rich dark fruitcake, shortbread, brandy snaps, and sherried English trifle; a tea for one in the study with spicy ginger Bundt cake and a plate of cookies; and tea for two in a loft, with slow-scrambled eggs, cornmeal muffins and apple butter, and panfried tomatoes sprinkled with fresh tarragon. Each menu provides suggestions for the ideal tea to suit the meal.
Since the American style of tea drinking originated in England, Having Tea goes to the source to show two classic English tea rooms, tea at the Savoy Hotel in London, and a tea dance at London's Waldorf. In addition, there are special sections on the history and different varieties of teas, selections of teapots and tea services, and directions for brewing the perfect pot of tea. A final section, the "Tea Larder," offers ideas for tea trimmings from honey to mint or ginger, tea sandwiches, and a directory of mail-order sources for tea.
With approximately fifty recipes for tea sandwiches, crumpets, scones, cookies, and cakes as well as hearty tea-time meals, Having Tea will make you want to make having tea part of your day. It shows how, far more than a beverage, tea is a grand indulgence that provides food for the body and the soul.