This website is for Anti-Bullying Awareness.
• 56% of students have personally witnessed some type of bullying at school.
• 15% of all school absenteeism is directly related to fears of being bullied at school.
• 71% of students report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school.
• 1 out of 20 students has seen a student with a gun at school.
• 282,000 students are physically attacked in secondary schools each month.
• Those in the lower grades reported being in twice as many fights as those in the higher grades.
• 90% of 4th through 8th graders report being victims of bullying
• Among students, homicide perpetrators were more than twice as likely as homicide victims to have been bullied by peers.
• Bullying statistics say revenge is the strongest motivation for school shootings.
• 87% of students said shootings are motivated by a desire to “get back at those who have hurt them.”
• 86% of students said, “other kids picking on them, making fun of them or bullying them” causes teenagers to turn to violence at school
• 61% of students said students shoot others because they have been victims of physical abuse at home.
• 54% of students said witnessing physical abuse at home can lead to violence in school.
• According to bullying statistics, 1 out of every 10 students who drops out of school does so because of repeated bullying.
• Harassment and bullying have been linked to 75% of school shooting incident.
• Each day 160,000 students miss school for fear of being bullied.
• A school bullying statistics reveals that 43% fear harassment in the bathroom at school.
taken from Micheal Glass's Notes