Please encourage everyone to be involved in this new district initiative.
*Dress code must be followed for all participating. If students are not participating they are to wear their uniform.
It is important that we all work together in promoting a positive school district environment for everyone that helps us all to be motivated to learn, work harder whether academically and/or athletically.
Garfield Spirit Days: 2016-2017 School Year
· Monday, October 3rd: Wear Yellow to Kick Off Respect Week.
· Wednesday, October 19th: Wear Orange- Unity Day for National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month. (http://www.pacer.org/bullying/nbpm/unity-day.asp)
· Wednesday, November 23rd: Wear Perfectly Different Shirt or School District Colors, Purple/Gold to show that we are one unit working together and are proud of our district. (District Theme:Perfectly Different Launch)
· Friday, December 23rd: Wear School District Colors, Purple/Gold or Perfectly Different Shirt to show that we are one unit working together and are proud of our district.
· Friday, February 3rd: Wear your favorite Team Jersey for Garfield Teams Up to Make a Difference.
· Friday, March10th : Wear Purple/Gold, Perfectly Different Shirt OR Garfield School Jersey to support our School District’s Athletic Teams, Band, Extra-curricular etc.
· Monday, April 3rd: Wear Blue or Autism Awareness Shirt: LIGHT IT UP BLUE for Autism Awareness *Subject to Change*
· Friday, May 12th: Wear School District Colors, Purple/Gold or Perfectly Different Shirt to show that we are one unit working together and are proud of our district.
*If you do not have these colors you can always where the Garfield Spirit Day themed shirt, Perfectly Different.