resources for learning the 5 fields of anthropology: physical, cultural, linguistic, archeological, and applied
http://anthroview.googlepages.com/filmlinks, Ethnographic film producers and distributors (list from 2005 annual meeting of the American Anthropological Association)
Teaching about the Race concept, How Real is Race? - book flyer (publication date 2/2007 & publisher's info; tied to traveling exhibition; see also the RACE Project's links page, www.understandingrace.org)
In place of a textbook, consider the following leads:
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/ (compact Religions overview and links from BBC)
- linguistic anthro: The Linguist, languages sampler: languages of the world, 5-minute linguist (podcasts), The National Museum of Languages, Word roots,
- back issues of AnthroNotes (Smithsonian Institute) and the National Anthropological Archives
- National Museum of the American Indian >outreach & page for educators
- For physical anthro matters, see also the National Center for Science Education, www.ncseweb.org
- For archeology, see www.archaeology.org (general audience) or http://archaeology.about.com; excavation example; resources for archeologists, see also Soc. for American Archeology >Public Education & classroom use & teacher help. There is also wikibooks ...Introduction_to_Paleoanthropology
- Browse the 120 National Resource Centers for Languages and Area Studies collected work & Associations
- Individual sections of the American Anthropological Association maintain webpages, too.
- Exploring Scholarly and Best-selling Accounts of Social Collapse and Colonial Encounters (conference speakers)
with a focus on accounts by popular writer, Jared Diamond
Notes from books and other readings
- All about deducing the timeline of homo sapiens from 50,000 years ago to present through DNA evidence - notes from Nicholas Wade 2006 Before the Dawn
-Anthro.Net Research Engine - Provides links to Anthropology and Archaeology resources.
-WWW Virtual Library for Anthropology - Comprehensive directory of anthropologically related links and resources.
Compilation 2014 from multiple sources online and in print