If you or someone you know has been kicked and/or banned:
Don't be obnoxous.
That means don't be a dick, annoying, or particularly stupid.
- Don't be a jerk.
- Mark NSFW links clearly. Anything you wouldn't want to open while someone's standing behind you.
- If you aren't sure, better safe than sorry.
- If you have to argue "well I wouldn't consider it NSFW because..." then you're probably being a dick.
- Not everyone knows every porn site out there. Don't assume.
- Beware that pages containing SFW images might still have NSFW ads, even if you don't see any yourself. (Even if you don't run an ad blocker, you might get different ads than others.)
- Don't attack or insult people.
- If you're told to stop, stop.
- No advertising. People suspected of being spambots will be permabanned on sight.
- Don't start or contribute to drama. Don't like the moderation? Take it up in PM. Don't bitch about it in channel and start more drama.
- Don't bring in drama from other channels.
- Before bitching about some terrible thing the moderators did, try double-checking that they actually did it.
- Continuing to show everyone your "proof" that's already been disproven will only get you laughed at. (and banned.)
- Being under the influence of mind-altering substances is not an excuse.
- Use Pastebin or other such site for long texts.
- No unauthorized bots.
- DO: Think about what you may have done to prompt this.
- If you really aren't sure, PM the person who did it and ask politely.
- DO NOT: Bitch about it in the channel or in PM.
- DO NOT: Attempt to evade a ban.
Bitching about kicks/bans or attempting to evade bans will only get you banned for longer, likely permanently. Yes, I can and will ban every IP you have access to. Really, don't you have anything better to do with your life? It's depressing how many 1 to 5-minute bans end up being permanent because of this.
Most bans will not
be permanent unless you give a reason for them to be.