makes 24 cookies
● 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
● 1/3 cup granulated sugar
● 1 egg
● 1 tsp vanilla
● 1 tsp baking powder
● 1/2 tsp salt
● 1 1/3 cup flour
● 1/2 cup semisweet
chocolate chips, melted
● 1/2 cup butter
● 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
● 3 Tbsp milk
● 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
How to Make
2. Preheat oven to 350°
3. Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat, set aside.
4. In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and sugar together until light, scraping sides frequently.
5. Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated. Mix in baking powder and
6. Turn mixer to low and slowly add in flour. Dough will be thick.
7. In a microwave safe bowl heat chocolate chips on high in 30 second increments until
melted, stirring after every 30 seconds.
8. Mix melted chocolate directly into cookie dough until evenly mixed.
9. Drop dough by a measured tablespoon sized mounds onto baking sheet. Bake for 78
minutes until cookies just appear set. They will still be very soft on the inside. DO NOT
10. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
12. In a medium saucepan combine butter, cocoa powder and milk over medium heat,
whisking until melted together. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar.
13. Pour icing over cookies and allow icing to set before serving.
store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
*Make sure not to overbake these cookies. The insides will remain soft and dense if baked