Guidelines for Submission of Art to the Visual Art Gallery for “Art for Development”
- Any artist may submit his or her work to the “Virtual Art Gallery for Development.” The work must be linked with the United Nations Millennium Development Goals or with the theme of the Annual Ministerial Review for 2007, which is “Strengthening efforts to eradicate poverty and hunger, including through the global partnership for development.”
- The art must be submitted in a High Resolution image, no less than 800x600 pixels
- The artist must include a 500 word summary of what the art depicts, as well as 50 words describing the dimensions and 50 words about the artist, including whether or not she or she supports a particular NGO. The summary must include a title. (An example follows on the next page)
- The artist must also include an undertaking explaining that he or she wishes to share his or her art and has no objection to the NGO section posting his or her work in the “Virtual Art Gallery for Development” blog, which will be accessible to the community.
- It is not recommended that the artist should bring his or her physical piece to the AMR Innovation Fair. However, if any artist wishes to exhibit his or her art in its physical form, please submit a formal proposal to the NGO Section/DESA. Please note that the United Nations will take no responsibility for any art that is damaged, lost or stolen. The artist must bear responsibility for all risks.
- Please be advised that the United Nations has the right to place or move the art at its discretion.
Please note that all submissions will be screened by the curator for the relevance of the art to the Millennium Development Goals or to the theme of the Annual Ministerial Review.
All submissions must be sent to the NGO Section, firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Art for Development” in the subject box.