I am currently an Associate Professor of Computer Science and Engineering of Indian Institute of Technology at Gandhinagar. Before this, I worked at Yahoo! Labs Sunnyvale from 2006-2013. I have also been sponsored by the Google Faculty Research Award (February 2015) and the Cisco Research University grant (May 2016).
My cv in pdf.
email: firstname dot lastname at gmail, or, anirbandg at iitgn dot ac dot in
NOTE: Unfortunately, I am not able to reply to individual emails about short term projects. If you are interested, please apply through the IITGN summer internship application websites, as and when they are put up.
- Randomized algorithms, especially for large data-sets, large scale linear algebra and optimization
- Modeling, analytics and mining of large social and information networks
- Information extraction and aggregation problems in social computing systems, e.g. crowdsourcing
- Computational Social Science
- practical applications of crowdsourcing, e.g. in enforcing environmental regulations in India
- Graduated: Ishita Doshi (currently at LinkedIn), Ashish Dwivedi (currently at Strand Life Sciences)
- Current: Roop Choudhuri, Sreejith Srikrishnan
S Kulkarni, KS Phukon, Amit Reza, Sukanta Bose, Anirban Dasgupta, D Krishnaswamy, Anand Sengupta: Random projections in gravitational wave searches of compact binaries: Phys. Rev. D99 2019.
Jayesh Choudhari, Anirban Dasgupta, Neeldhara Misra and Ramanujan M. S.: Saving Critical Nodes with Firefighters is FPT. ICALP 2017
Anirban Dasgupta, Ravi Kumar and Tamas Sarlos. : Caching with dual costs.WWW 2017.
Anirban Dasgupta, Kevin Lang, Lee Rhodes and Justin Thaler, to appear in International Conference of Database Technologies (ICDT) 2016. Best newcomer award.
Flavio Chierichetti, Anirban Dasgupta, Ravi Kumar, Silvio Lattanzi and Tamas Sarlos.: On Sampling Nodes in a Network. Conference of the World Wide Wed (WWW) 2016.
Recent academic activities
Recent Program committees: KDD, ICDM, WWW, WSDM, ASONAM...