The software DiSCUS (Discrete Simulation of Conjugation Using Springs) is designed to simulate bacterial growth and communication through horizontal gene transfer (conjugation). The software (v1 - released 2012) can be downloaded from here. DiSCUS paper, which explains parameters and dynamics can be found here. Demo videos:
- Spatiotemporal Principles of Genetic Circuit Design. Synthetic Biology Congress, London, November 2018.
- Synthetic Biology Open Language: a Standard for Engineering Biology. OECD meeting, Imperial College London, Semptember 2018.
- The Future of Nature. Great Exhibition of the North, Newcastle, July, 2018.
- Synthetic Biology 3D. University of York Biophysical department, York, 2017.
- Engineering genetic circuits in both space and time [poster]. Synthetic Biology 7.0, Singapore, June, 2017.