Cheap Kids Furniture Stores. Paint With Brown Furniture.
Cheap Kids Furniture Stores
- Kids furniture is specially designed for kids. It is usually designed with eye-catching colors and styles that are suitable for children. Some kids furniture is designed with space-saving functions like storage drawers and desks built into the beds.
- (store) keep or lay aside for future use; "store grain for the winter"; "The bear stores fat for the period of hibernation when he doesn't eat"
- A retail establishment selling items to the public
- (store) a supply of something available for future use; "he brought back a large store of Cuban cigars"
- A quantity or supply of something kept for use as needed
- (store) shop: a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services; "he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod"
- (of prices or other charges) Low
- relatively low in price or charging low prices; "it would have been cheap at twice the price"; "inexpensive family restaurants"
- (of an item for sale) Low in price; worth more than its cost
- brassy: tastelessly showy; "a flash car"; "a flashy ring"; "garish colors"; "a gaudy costume"; "loud sport shirts"; "a meretricious yet stylish book"; "tawdry ornaments"
- bum: of very poor quality; flimsy
- Charging low prices
Opp-shop doll house- after!
I bought an old yellow and brown doll house for $25 at the opp shop, thinking it would make a cheap house for me to 'renovate' for the kids christmas present. It was from about 1975 (I had someone comment on my old blog that she had one the same back then). It wasn't so cheap in the end, after buying a sander to sand it back, then buying paintbrushes and the wrong paint, then going back to the store months later to buy the correct paint (enamel gloss). In the end I should probably have just bought a new house but I do think this one looks pretty good now! I painted it in an off white gloss, with a deep navy roof and shutters. I couldn't resist opening the pack of furniture that will go with it for christmas, just to test how it would all look. Can you tell I never had a doll house when I was little?!?!
Kid's Table Thrift Shop Find
Quick stop at Goodwill yesterday netted me this really sturdy well-made (and cute!) little kids table. $4! Yes it's drawn on with crayon and pencil and lord knows what else, but as soon as I saw it I figured on a repaint. BUT! I am gonna try a good ol' fashioned scrubbing first (Mr Clean Magic Eraser? Do yer stuff!) and see if I can clean it up ... It's 30" long by 21" wide and 21" tall - such a nice size! This is gonna be a fun little "sit on the floor" art table. Well, for me, of course! Duh! :D