Yo, What Up?
Snapshot function removed -- screen shots can be taken by pressing Power + Volume Down.
Increased the RSSI dot size. Returned coverage bubbles to the map. Set the main map to appear above the data display rather than behind it.
Restored the display of RF coverage zones. This was needed due to Google's removal of drawArc method on the Android map. This is a work in progress.
Using the new Android Permissions process. Basically, most permissions are being granted automatically, but a handful of permissions, (ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION, ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION, READ_PHONE_STATE, WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE), must be granted in the code. Found source of fatal error in the Chart activity that was crashing app: mNotificationManager was being initialized inside an IF statement and later set. Was turning on a variable that was not always initialized. Fixed map error caused by referencing RF and WiFi record buttons before they were initialized.
Added the Cell ID bit-mask, 0xffff, to LAC in GSM. Validating that handoffs are captured.
Corrected more errors causing maps to not display. Added a 'Previous CID' parameter to show the last serving cell -- this is in addition to the current serving cell. Added 'Arbitrary Strength Unit' to main screen. App now compatible with Android 5.1.1 and 6.0.
Major reworking and bug fix of the Map.
The last two years have been a little crazy, but I am back to testing and updating the app. Currently cleaning up and incorporating modifications and improvements in Android into RFST. I'll try to clarify once I get it packaged up and released. Stay tuned, more to come!
Neighbor information has always been problematic in Android. You can get 2G cell IDs, but not 3G or 4G. And the list of potential neighbors gets populated briefly just before the cell hands off. Well, it hit me one day, why not just collect -- continuously -- handoff statistics? You always know the current (serving) cell, you see who it hands off to...well, that is a neighbor relation!
So I decided to just collect, in the background, neighbor data...that is, what cell handed off to what cell. It's not perfect -- it only shows neighbor relationships the device has encountered -- but it's better than nothing which is what I have now. This is much like the coverage bubbles the app draws -- they are not necessarily the complete coverages, but the coverage areas seen by the device.
Development goes well. I'm folding the new features into others the app already had. Now I have to play with it and put in things an engineer would use.
After monitoring Google Analytics for crashes and exceptions I noticed a "View not attached to window manager" error popping up a lot. I researched this and discovered that the problem was caused by an orientation change after a site list or recorded data notes or wifi points had been requested, but before the request had been fulfilled. Basically the activity restarted and the list being generated had nothing to send the results to...so it crashed (I think the user just saw a black screen). Simple fix in the XML.
Also fixed the text box sizing problem in the sliding drawer on the map tab. I called out a fixed height knowing full well that some phones might not size correctly. Nut hey, it worked. Now I use a custom SlidingDrawer which uses a layout_height that actually works. I also custom sized the width of the buttons at the bottom.
1-10 of 42