ERIE GENERAL TIRE. ERIE GENERAL

Erie General Tire. Tire Speed Rating

Erie General Tire


erie general tire
    general tire
  • The General Tire and Rubber Company is an American manufacturer of tires for motor vehicles.
    erie
  • Lake Erie: the 4th largest of the Great Lakes; it is linked to the Hudson River by the New York State Barge Canal
  • An industrial port city in northwestern Pennsylvania, on Lake Erie; pop. 103,717
  • a member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York
  • The Erie Railroad was a railroad that operated in New York State, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois, originally connecting New York City with Lake Erie.

Lundys Lane Soldiers Monument
Lundys Lane Soldiers Monument
Soldier's Monument, located at Drummond Hill Cemetery in Niagara Falls Ontario Canada, on this ground was fought the Battle of Lundy's Lane. On July 3, 1814, an American army under Major General Jacob Brown launched an attack across the Niagara River, near its source on Lake Erie. His force quickly captured the British position at Fort Erie and then advanced north. Two days later, one of his two brigades of regular U.S. Infantry under Brigadier General Winfield Scott won a victory against an equal British force at the Battle of Chippawa, putting them to flight. A few days after the battle, Brown outflanked the British defences along the Chippawa River and the British fell back to Fort George. Brown lacked the necessary numbers and heavy artillery to attack this position. At the time, a British naval squadron controlled Lake Ontario. The American flotilla under Commodore Isaac Chauncey was waiting for new ships to be completed before they could challenge the British squadron. As a result, no reinforcements or siege guns could be sent to Brown. Meanwhile, the British were able to move several units of reinforcements across the lake to Fort George. For most of July, Brown's army occupied Queenston, a few miles south of Fort George. In this forward position, his supply line was harassed by British light infantry and Canadian militia and Indians. On July 24, Brown fell back to the Chippawa River, intending to secure his supply lines before advancing west to Burlington. As soon as Brown retired, a British force under Major General Phineas Riall advanced to Lundy's Lane, four miles (6 km) north of the Chippawa. Lundy's Lane, a spur from the main portage road alongside the Niagara River, ran along the summit of some rising ground and therefore commanded good views of the area. The British artillery (two 24-pounder and two 6-pounder guns, one 5.5-inch howitzer) was massed in a cemetery at the highest point of the battlefield. The American brigade of Winfield Scott, who had won the Battle of Chippawa, emerged in the late afternoon from a forest into an open field and were badly mauled by the British artillery. Scott sent the 25th U.S. Infantry to flank the British left. They caught the British and Canadian units there while they were redeploying and briefly drove them back in confusion, but the British rallied. General Riall was severely wounded and was captured by Ketchum's Company of the 25th U.S. Infantry while riding to the rear. As night fell, Scott's brigade had suffered heavy casualties, but Brown arrived with the American main body (a brigade of regulars under Brigadier General Eleazer Wheelock Ripley and another of volunteers from the militia under Peter B. Porter). As Ripley and Porter relieved Scott's brigade, Brown ordered the 21st U.S. Infantry[1] under Lieutenant Colonel James Miller to capture the British guns. James Miller's response to Brown's order, "I'll try, Sir", is now the motto of the 21st U.S. Infantry. While the British were distracted with another attack on their right, Miller's troops deployed within a few yards of the British artillery. They fired a volley of musketry which killed most of the gunners and followed up with a bayonet charge which captured the guns and drove the British centre from the hill. Meanwhile, the British column under Colonel Hercules Scott began arriving on the field, already tired from their futile march and countermarch. Unaware of the situation, they blundered into Ripley's brigade and were also driven back in disorder. (They briefly lost their own three guns, but these were quickly recovered.) Although wounded, Drummond now reorganised his troops and mounted three determined attempts to retake his own cannon and capture the American guns which were being deployed on Lundy's Lane. All three attempts were beaten off, as was another American attack by Winfield Scott. In the smoke and confusion, both sides several times fired on their own troops as the battle revolved around the cemetery. By midnight, both sides were exhausted. Each side had lost about the same number of men—878 British and 860 American. On the American side, only 700 men were still standing in the line. Winfield Scott and Jacob Brown were both severely wounded. Brown would soon recover, but Scott's injury removed him from the Campaign. With supplies and water short, Brown ordered a retreat. Ripley, Porter and Lieutenant Colonel Jacob Hindman (Brown's artillery commander) protested but complied. Although the British still had 1,400 men on the field, they were in no condition to interfere with the American withdrawal. The Americans could drag away only one of the captured British guns and had to abandon one of their own with a broken carriage. There had been much fighting at close quarters. Veteran British officers, who had fought against Napoleon in Spain and Portugal during the Peninsular War, were horrified at the carnage they had witnessed at Lundy's Lane. Drummond reported,
JN Adam Tuberculosis Sanatorium
JN Adam Tuberculosis Sanatorium
A settlement has been located in the general area of the current village, since the early 19th century. Early settlers included veterans of the War for American Independence and the War of 1812, who had used their pensions to buy farmland through the Holland Land Company. By 1880, the population of the village of Perrysburg was about 400, with many more living in the surrounding town. It was also a station stop on the New York & Erie Railroad.[1] In 1910, the City of Buffalo, New York, beset by the public scourge of tuberculosis, Buffalo's Mayor, James Noble Adam, purchased almost 300 acres of land adjacent to the village using proceeds from his own personal fortune, for the purpose of establishing the Buffalo Municipal Hospital for Incipient Tuberculosis.[2][3] The facility opened in 1912 and later became the J. N. Adam Memorial Hospital. The presence of the hospital led to a dramatic increase in the local population with the arrival of medical professionals, hospital workers and people visiting patients at the facility. The Village of Perrysburg was incorporated in 1916. Both the village and the town have been spelled "Perrysburgh" in the past.

erie general tire
Related topics:
flat tire video
oregon tire chains
goodyear eagle authority tire review
cooper winter tires canada
used tires toronto
i10 tyre pressure
nokian studded tyres
falken winter tire review
car tyres specification
belarus tractor tires
Comments