"Our lives are not determined by what happened to us, but how we react to what happens; not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst - a spark that creates extraordinary results." --- Anonymous.
Ananda Shankar Chowdhury
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Brief Biography: Dr. Ananda Shankar Chowdhury is an Associate Professor in the department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (E.T.C.E.) at Jadavpur University, India where he leads the Imaging, Vision and Pattern Recognition (IVPR) group. He earned his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Georgia, USA in July 2007 and worked as a post-doctoral fellow in the department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences at the National Institutes of Health, USA during the period August 2007 to December 2008. His research interests span Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Biomedical Image Processing, and, Multimedia Analysis. Dr. Chowdhury has held invited academic visits to University of Münster in Germany, National University of Singapore in Singapore, University of Campinas, and University of Sao Paulo both in Brazil, University of Padova in Italy, and University of Groningen, in The Netherlands. He is a senior member of IEEE and is a IAPR TC-member of Graph based Representations in Pattern Recognition (GbR). He currently serves as an editorial board member of Pattern Recognition Letters. His Erdӧs Number is 2.
1. October 2016: Presented a tutorial on Biomedical Image Analysis at TEQIP-II Sponsored Short Term Course on Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, NIT Durgapur, India.
2. August 2016: Presented an IEEE GRSS lecture at Institute of Radiophysics and Electronics, Calcutta University, India.
3. July 2016: Gave a colloquium at The Johann Bernoulli Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Groningen,The Netherlands
4. July 2016: Paper accepted at ICPR 2016!
5. May 2016: Gave a talk in the Department of Information Engineering at The University of Padova, Italy
6. Serving on the PC of CSI 2016, MedImage 2016, GbR 2017, CVIP 2017.
Phones: +91-033-2457-2405 (Direct)
+91-033-2414-6666 Extension: 2405
[Awards/Honours] [Publications] [Profile] [Teaching] [Professional Activities] [Presentations/Invited Talks] [Students] [Misc]