The Fourth International Conference on "analogical reasoning" will take place on July 31 - August 2, 2017 in Paris, France at the Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle, 47 Boulevard de l'Hôpital, 75013 Paris.
The previous analogy conferences took place in Sofia (Bulgaria) in 1999 and 2009 and in Dijon (France) in 2013.
The objective of this conference will be to gather people from different research fields with different approaches (psychological, clinical, educational, developmental, neuroimaging and computational approaches) to analogical reasoning.
The conference will include 8 sessions:
- Computational modeling of analogy (organizers KD. Forbus, J. Hummel)
- Education and analogical reasoning (organizer L. Richland)
- Analogy in learning and development (organizer D. Gentner)
- The brain correlates of analogy (organizers R. Morrison; E. Volle)
- Analogies, Creativity and metaphors (organizer A. Green)
- Analogies and categories, learning, and intelligence (organizers K. Kurtz, A. Doumas)
- Development of analogical reasoning (organizers JP. Thibaut, M. Goldwater)