(drafted April 2000)
- At least two months before the deadline for proposals, the Program Chair should contact the Chapter Secretary to confirm the date of the next meeting and next mailing.
- The Program Chair will submit the call for papers to the Chapter Secretary and publish it at least two months in advance of the deadline for submitting proposals. The Chair then posts the call for papers at the chapter web site and on AMS-Announce.
- The Program Chair will obtain the current roster from the Chapter Treasurer to confirm the membership of those submitting proposals.
- The Program Chair will review programs from the last two meeting programs to determine who gave papers.
- The Program Committee will evaluate proposals based on adherence to the guidelines and the value of the research. The Program Committee should investigate any proposal that seems derivative.
- The Program Chair will review names of proposers against the list of members who presented at the last two meetings.
- The Program Chair will inform the Chapter President if the response to the call for papers is insufficient for a coherent program. At that point the Chapter President and Program Chair will solicit proposals that meet the Chapter guidelines to complete the program.
- The Program Chair will review the programs of the last two meetings and give preference to those who presented prior to that time.
- The Program Committee will determine the program within one week after the deadline for proposals.
- The Program Chair will discuss any special circumstances with the Chapter President, and the Program Chair will submit the program to the Secretary as soon as it is determined and subsequently post the program at the Chapter web site and to AMS-Announce.
- Program committee will determine student prize winners within two weeks after the Spring Meeting. The Program Chair or Chapter President and representatives of Indiana University Press and A-R Editions will confer the award at the Fall business meeting.