CURVED CARPET TRIM : CARPET TRIM

Curved Carpet Trim : Second Hand Rugs For Sale : Pattern Carpet.

Curved Carpet Trim


curved carpet trim
    curved
  • having or marked by a curve or smoothly rounded bend; "the curved tusks of a walrus"; "his curved lips suggested a smile but his eyes were hard"
  • In mathematics, a curve is, generally speaking, an object similar to a line (geometry) but which is not required to be straight. Often curves in two-dimensional (plane curves) or three-dimensional (space curves) Euclidean space are of interest.
  • (Curving) In education, grading on a curve (also known as curved grading or simply curving) is a statistical method of assigning grades designed to yield a pre-determined distribution of grades among the students in a class.
  • Having the form of a curve; bent
    carpet
  • A floor or stair covering made from thick woven fabric, typically shaped to fit a particular room
  • form a carpet-like cover (over)
  • cover completely, as if with a carpet; "flowers carpeted the meadows"
  • A large rug, typically an oriental one
  • A thick or soft expanse or layer of something
  • rug: floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile)
    trim
  • a state of arrangement or appearance; "in good trim"
  • Reduce the size, amount, or number of (something, typically expenditure or costs)
  • Make (something) neat or of the required size or form by cutting away irregular or unwanted parts
  • pare: remove the edges from and cut down to the desired size; "pare one's fingernails"; "trim the photograph"; "trim lumber"
  • spare: thin and fit; "the spare figure of a marathon runner"; "a body kept trim by exercise"
  • Cut off (irregular or unwanted parts)
curved carpet trim - Bench Dog
Bench Dog 10-016 Trim-Loc Casement Trim Installation Tool
Bench Dog 10-016 Trim-Loc Casement Trim Installation Tool
This tool makes humans as close to foolproof as we can get, at least when it comes to measuring, cutting and installing trim without a flaw. We love that it’s a solid piece, with nothing adjustable on it, so you know its 45- and 90-degree angles are always true. It takes the gymnastics out of measuring, too, whether screwed to your workbench or temporarily tacked to the working wall with 6d finish nails, because of the built-in tape measure hooks. Even tricky inside-to-inside miters are a snap. Perfect 3/16-inch reveals on windows and door jambs are guaranteed every time: Just line it up and draw your guide with the pencil holes. Though it’s marketed for casements, we’d keep it in the toolbox for all kinds of jobs. Imagine installing baseboard up to door trim and lining up the Trim Loc for a perfect cutline every time. We think it’d be the perfect gauge for squaring saw blades, too. This little tool will save you time, money and lots of frustration.--Kris Jensen-Van Heste

82% (19)
Arnold Constable Building
Arnold Constable Building
881-87 Broadway, Fifth Avenue and Broadway, between 19th and 18th Street, Ladies' Mile Historic District This seven-story Second Empire Commercial department store building, characteristic of the first commercial development phase of the district, occupies the entire northern half of the block along East 19th Street from Broadway to Fifth Avenue. (The immense amount of northern light this provided was considered a benefit for the sale of merchandise which could fade in bright sun light). Designed by Griffith Thomas in 1868 for the prominent dry-goods company of Arnold Constable, it was altered and extended in several subsequent campaigns. Faced in marble, brick, and castiron, now painted, over a brick and cast-iron structure, it is notable for its rich facade of stacked arch orders and its prominent, two-story, pavilioned mansard roof. Its entire ground level has been altered. The original east end of the Arnold Constable &Co. building (83 feet on Broadway, 171 feet on East 19th Street), constructed in 1868, was designed by Griffith Thomas in the same year and in the same style as the Hoyt Building next door. Alterations to both buildings beginning in 1872 altered the appearance of each in different ways so that today, although the second through fifth floors of each retain the same basic design, the overall character of each building is different. In 1872, the building was extended west fifty feet and given an entry on East 19th Street. A two-story mansard roof was added to the whole requiring removal of most of the original parapet, balustrade, and finials. In 1876, the building was extended west an additional 150 feet to Fifth Avenue to accommodate the wholesale department which moved here from another site. It was built in the style of the building as altered in 1872, but its ornamentation was executed in cast iron instead of marble. Both expansions were designed by Griffith Thomas. In 1883, a perpendicular wing, connected at the basement and ground floor and by a four-story bridge above, was built on the south to East 18th Street in the middle of the block. (Because this is by a different architect in a different style and is not structurally or visually part of the main block, it is discussed as a separate entry at 9-13 East 18th Street). In 1915 the whole complex was converted for use as a wholesale store. In recent years various retail establishments have occupied the ground floor and the upper stories have been converted for office use. Arnold Constable & Co. had its origins in the establishment by Aaron Arnold, an immigrant from the Isle of Wight, of a small dry goods store at 91 Front Street in 1825. As the business prospered he moved into larger quarters and took on as partners two nephews, George and James Hearn. The name of the store was Arnold and Hearn until 1842 when the Hearns left the company to establish their own business. At that time, the name was changed again to A. Arnold & Co. In the same year, James Constable, an employee who would marry Arnold's daughter Henrietta, was made a partner, and in 1853 the name was changed to Arnold Constable &Co. In 1857, the store moved to a new and larger building with frontages on Canal, Mercer, and Howard Streets. In the late l860s, the company bought the present site, then occupied by two and one-half story brick buildings, from Edwin Hoyt. At the time the store moved to its present location it was the second largest dry goods store in New York. When the building was extended in 1872, it added carpet and upholstery divisions becoming a full department store. When it expanded to Fifth Avenue in 1876-1877 to accommodate the wholesale department it was said to be "one of the largest business establishments in the world." After that time the first and second floors at the Broadway end were for dry goods, the third through fifth floors were for upholstery and carpets, the sixth and seventh floors were for manufacturing, and the Fifth Avenue end was for wholesale operations with general offices on the second floor. The business was enormously successful, with so much profit to invest that in 1897 the New York Herald called Arnold Constable & Go. the fifth largest owner of real estate in the city. In 1914, this store was closed and the business moved uptown to Fifth Avenue and 40th Street. In 1925 the store merged with Stewart & Co. In its heyday, Arnold Constable &Co. was the largest dealer to the elite carriage trade in New York City, supplying the latest fashions to a clientele that included the leading families in the city. The wives and families of Grover Cleveland, Andrew Carnegie, Thomas Edison, J.P. Morgan, John D. Rockefeller, and Cornelius Vanderbilt are a few of those who maintained accounts here. The company was known throughout the United States; it employed buyers throughout the world and had offices in Paris and Lyon. The building with its great mansard roof was one of the notable buildings o
Rolls Royce Phantom II Sedanca De Ville BLB 959
Rolls Royce Phantom II Sedanca De Ville BLB 959
I spotted a couple of vintage Rolls Royces on a car transporter recessed in a lay-by in Send today. The driver told me that he was taking them to Spain and catching the ferry tonight. In fact the Geordie driver lived in Spain too. Send, Surrey, 6th April 2009. COYS Spring Classics Auction Thursday 12th March 2009 at Royal Horticultural Halls, 80 Vincent Square, Victoria, London, SW1P 2PE Lot 418 Registration Number: BLB 959 Chassis Number: 134SK In the 1920s and 1930s, Rolls-Royce continued to improve on the superb standard of the Silver Ghost with the magnificent Phantom series. It was achieved not by making great technical breakthroughs, but by using the very best of proven technology. One could argue that various other makes had more advanced specifications in certain details, but one has to note that many of them are now fitted with Rolls-Royce gearboxes. There were no weaknesses in the cars which Rolls-Royce made which is why, when the company began early in its life to use the slogan ‘The Best Car In The World‘ , it was regarded as measured opinion backed by solid collateral. The Phantom II, introduced in 1929, was said to have been the last model that Royce saw into production himself, working from his villa in the South of France. Between 1929 and 1935 around 1,770 of these chassis were built, in 144" and 150" wheelbase lengths, the former being used for informal coachwork and for Continental models. Huge numbers of detail improvements were made continuously throughout production to every aspect of the chassis and drive train. Power was increased by raising the compression ratio, weight reduced by 200 lbs and road holding and handling greatly improved by adopting semi-elliptic rear suspension. The dramatic sweep of the bonnet and length of wheelbase made these chassis very popular with the major coachbuilders of the day, and some of the most beautiful Rolls-Royce cars ever built were on the Phantom II chassis. Freestone and Webb made some of the most stylish of all, and 134 SK, a very late example from 1934, is a stunningly elaborate example of that inter-war body par excellence, the sedanca de ville. Wings are light and delicately-proportioned, the cover for the front compartment folds very neatly away into the roofline, and a very typically Freestone design touch is the manner in which the waist line of the car resolves into a curving swage line to the luggage compartment, unifying the overall line of the car in a masterly manner. 134SK has in the last two years been the subject of a very high-quality refurbishment involving massive expenditure to bring it back to its former glory. The engine was rebuilt by noted specialists McKenzie Guppy at a cost of ?35,000. As a result it is a paragon of smooth silent running and gives one an idea of how these cars were when new!!! The very luxurious interior has been superbly re-trimmed in the correct light grey hide, matching sets of carpets of the correct Wilton type were fitted, and all the walnut cappings have been re-lacquered, making the cabin as opulent a place to be as it was seventy-five years ago. Of course the original features were retained including that 1930s essential, the cocktail cabinet, and rear alcove vanity sets which sit discreetly behind hinged doors. The body was at the same time repainted to a very high standard, in the original colours of light grey with medium grey accents to set off the detail of the coachwork design, very subtle and at the same time immensely distinguished. The 134SK as viewed today is a wonderful example of what the London ‘carriage trade’ was about in the 1930s as well as a tribute to the art of the craftsmen involved in its restoration. Estimate: ?75000 - ?95000 Cars 20090506 IMG_8484

curved carpet trim
Similar posts:
carpet cleaners in peterborough
fun rugs supreme collection funky girls quilt rug
manhattan rugs
doormat rugs
persian wool rug
santa fe style rugs
carpets berkshire
carpetright exeter
Comments